Thread: Hello From Newfoundland

Thanks

Hello From Newfoundland

I recently downsized from a Hummer H3 to a Micra SV.
    I also own a vintage Suzuki X90 that I'm parting with.

I initially wanted the Micra S but purchased a white SV demo for a better price.

Not sure how it will fare in Newfoundland winters as this is the first small car (non 4x4 suv) I've owned in more than 25 years.

I have big plans for the little one (while staying on a budget)

Rust protection is very important but has to be non-toxic as I have a lot of allergies.

I plan to remove the rear seat and turn it into a cargo space with maybe a full-size spare inside.
    Front seat skins in PU/leather.

I'm looking for some solution to the rear wheel wells (can't seem to find inner fender liners for it) as it looks like a great place to trap lots of salty debris if not lined.

Maybe a body trim kit - who knows, but I'd like some covers for the rockers and some fender protection.

Wish I could give her a bit of lift for the winter but more research is in order and I'll wait until the warranty runs out before taking that on

A bit of bling here & there LOL #micrabling

Thanks for this great forum, I've been creeping here a while and it has helped with my decision to purchase a Micra

Name:  3 rigs.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  112.8 KB

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Welcome, MicraBling!

A few Micra owners on the rock are on the forum now. What did you use for undercoating on previous cars? Krown is supposedly non-toxic.

That Suzuki is a rare and unusual beast! T-roof??

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Great to hear more rock dwellers are on here!
    I like things that are different that's what attracted me to the Micra.
    The X90 has a Tbar yes, she's a sweet ride, too bad they didn't make a 4x4 micra, although I took the micra off road on some pretty steep rocky hills during my test drive and she did surprisingly well.

I can't tolerate crown or rust check. I used Allback linseed paint on the Hummer (Good for salt water boats) but it's very pricey. So is Line-X. But I may end up opting for one before she gets exposed to our dreadfully salty winters.

~Judie