Thread: Exporting nissan micra

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Exporting nissan micra

Hi, I am looking to export a micra to bahrain. Although we have them here they don't come in manual transmission. What is the best way to export one?

Thanks
    A Google Search indicated that K-International ships from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada to Bahrain. O'Regan's Nissan in Halifax states on their website they are selling Micras. I'd contact O'Regan's to see if they can take international orders, and then contact K-International to arrange shipping.

You may need to pay a Halifax car transport company to move the car to the port of Halifax and the K-International ship, K-International might include that, or the Nissan dealership may be able to move it for you.

Manual transmission Micras are quite rare from what people on this forum are stating, and the listed stock I've seen in Edmonton, so you may have to special order yours, or at least wait until O'Regan's gets one in stock in the trim level you are looking for (probably the highest trim, given you're willing to pay to have it shipped all the way to Bahrain ).

I know some dealerships in the US don't like to sell to Canadians, and some Canadian Dealers don't like to sell to Americans, as some of the Automobile corporations don't like to create cross-border competition and penalize dealerships that do that. Hopefully, this won't be an issue when selling a car to a Bahrainnian citizen I wouldn't expect Nissan of Bahrain to honour the warranty on your Canadian Micra, though.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Ustauk; 05-28-2014 at 03:29 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ustauk For This Useful Post:

BRN12345 (05-28-2014),MetroMPG (05-29-2014)

Thanks
    Thanks @ustauk !! That sounds like a plan. I'll let you guys know how it works out. Also, I am looking for the SV not the SR. If the S came with air condition I would take that over the other two (it hit 51 Celsius today and summer isn't even here!)

Thanks
    Maybe Antruby or one of the other owners on the forum can tell us if the rear seat heating ducts unique to the Canadian Micra also act as air conditioning ducts; it' be of particular importance to BRN12345

Thanks
    Isn't there a closer country than Canada that sells the manual shift Micra?

How about... India - Nissan even manufactures them in India. Much cheaper shipping, no?

EDIT: and you could order the more efficient 1.2L engine which we don't get in Canada.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    They drive on the right hand side of the road in Bahrain, not the left hand side like in the UK,India, and Australia so I suspect BRN12345 would like a left side driver car like our Micra; BRN12345 would have to confirm, but he or she probably speaks English, but not Spanish or French, which would rule out importing the Micra from France or Mexico easily. Plus the European market may simply have no manual Micras left for purchase at this time. I'm speculating here, but being from oil rich Bahrain also means that member BRN is unlikely to be worrying about fuel efficiency, and would rather take the 109 HP and front and rear sway bars of the Canadian Micra over other Micras Maybe member12345 BRN can expand on why they are looking for a Canadian Micra in particular, if they wish.

Thanks
    the micra we get over here is made in India and are built to GCC (gulf cooperation council) specs and only come in automatic with the Hr15de motor. The Canadian spec one has the hr16de (more powerful), rear sway bar, manual transmission, and possibly quicker ratio steering. True I don't speak French or Spanish. Not true about oil rich bahrain unlike our neighbors we aren't blessed with lots of oil and as such our purchases tend to be modest (comparatively).
    Frankly the main reason I want the Canadian micra is to evaluate it on the race track. I believe a single make race series can be based on the micra s Canadian model. Hope I can get one. Should be fun.

Thanks
    the micra we get over here is made in India and are built to GCC (gulf cooperation council) specs and only come in automatic with the Hr15de motor. The Canadian spec one has the hr16de (more powerful), rear sway bar, manual transmission, and possibly quicker ratio steering. True I don't speak French or Spanish. Not true about oil rich bahrain unlike our neighbors we aren't blessed with lots of oil and as such our purchases tend to be modest (comparatively).
    Frankly the main reason I want the Canadian micra is to evaluate it on the race track. I believe a single make race series can be based on the micra s Canadian model. Hope I can get one. Should be fun.

Thanks
    My apologies for assuming Bahrain had the oil of its neighbours. Good luck with your purchase!