Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speed limiter on the 2019 automatic?

Thanks

Speed limiter on the 2019 automatic?

Has anyone else ever hit 160km/h and then the rpm's drop down to 4000 and it won't go any faster then 160km/h?

Thanks
    Well that sounds terrifying.

How is the car only going 4k RPM at 160km/h? I would assume 4th gear is screaming at that speed.

Thanks
    Yeah ir was right before red line at that speed and then suddenly after maintaining it for a bit pedal to the floor it stayed at 160 but the rpms had dropped 😶

Thanks
    i wouldn't go160 the suspension is not 160 ready...
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaGoesMeow View Post
    Yeah ir was right before red line at that speed and then suddenly after maintaining it for a bit pedal to the floor it stayed at 160 but the rpms had dropped ��
    It sounds like you went to redline in 3rd gear then the transmission shifted up to 4th.

That speed sounds really dangerous. The wheelbase on this car is really short, at high speeds an accidental jerk of the steering wheel could send you out of control. I've taken my car up to 140km/h and that feels incredibly touchy on the handling.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ontario_micra View Post
    It sounds like you went to redline in 3rd gear then the transmission shifted up to 4th.

That speed sounds really dangerous. The wheelbase on this car is really short, at high speeds an accidental jerk of the steering wheel could send you out of control. I've taken my car up to 140km/h and that feels incredibly touchy on the handling.
    These cars do plenty fine on the track or the strip at 190. Heck my 2door wrangler handles 240 fine, same wheelbase. I rarely top 160 on the street, generally if traffic is doing 150 and I'm passing.

Let's avoid the judgement and tackle the question at hand, shall we?

Anyways my 2018 is not limited (CDM car) with the 5 speed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Micra SV manual: 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.8 mpg (Imp) ... 14.8 km/L ... 34.8 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
    These cars do plenty fine on the track or the strip at 190. Heck my 2door wrangler handles 240 fine, same wheelbase. I rarely top 160 on the street, generally if traffic is doing 150 and I'm passing.

Let's avoid the judgement and tackle the question at hand, shall we?

Anyways my 2018 is not limited (CDM car) with the 5 speed.
    150-160 is an automatic stunt driving ticket where I live, where do you guys live that lets you drive that fast?

I would love to take the Micra to a track one day.

Thanks
    150-160 is an automatic stunt driving ticket where I live, where do you guys live that lets you drive that fast?

Its 50 over in NB for an impound, which is 160 on our highways. But, if everybody is doing 160... BC is 40 over which also allows 160 on some roads before impound. Regardless, the fact remains these cars do well. Yes steering may get light and flighty in a cross breeze but it's not unsafe, just different. Steering is flighty in a Corvette at those speeds as well.

Now, find a deer or a child or a pothole or a corner or a grouse or a branch or a..., well, that's why we have speed limits.

Lovely track day car. Certainly the best handling subcompact.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Micra SV manual: 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.8 mpg (Imp) ... 14.8 km/L ... 34.8 mpg (US) ...

Thanks

in my case it's how far i'm willing to travel to find empty stretches of nothingness I could never speed that fast in or near my home town but if i go far enough I know some places with just nice straight road where I can do this

Thanks
    Micra cup cars can reach over 170km/h, but they have manual trans, intake and exhaust mods as well as Nismo suspension and race spec tires. Personally I've had my Micro at 140+ and it felt very planted and safe. Beyond that I'm not too sure, but if I could find a nice stretch of highway on a quiet weekend morning, I'd like to see what it would do?