Thread: Cold air intake recommendations

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Cold air intake recommendations

Just looking to see what options there on the low end and the high end. I have a 2015 micra had it 2 months and loving it, 5speed sv pure drive

Thanks
    Welcome, Nevlak!

I'm surprised nobody has answered - lots of people have done intake mods.

Check the Advanced Search in our garage: https://micra-forum.com/dto_garage_s...hp?do=advanced

Do a search on "intake" in the "Under the Hood" field, and you'll find a bunch of examples.

Do a garage entry for your car as well:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevlak View Post
    Just looking to see what options there on the low end and the high end. I have a 2015 micra had it 2 months and loving it, 5speed sv pure drive
    For what it's worth I just got a HPS ShortRan Cold Air Intake installed yesterday on my 2019 Nissan Micra SV. I did some research and this appeared to be the best fit as far as where the filter sits. Although better, the injen cold air intake as others have pointed out will be too tight a fit as it will rub against the inside of the hood once installed.

A couple of things I noticed. Sound is cool no doubt, but with respect to acceleration and performance, there is a slight improvement, but it's not like day and night and certainly less than I expected.

One thing that I would suggest if you go with the HPS is to pay extra and get the prefilter mesh bag. This will give you added protection from water and debris and will keep filter cleaning service intervals longer.

Also, I was really on the fence about doing this for two reasons It could void my warranty. I got around this by paying the tech do it on the side. He has sworn to secrecy and should there be a problem that requires warranty, he will put back the stock housing and filter. Also I saw this interesting video that recommends why a cold air intake on a regular car may not be a good idea.
    https://youtu.be/zofnaV5Bi_Q

I did this more out of curiosity than anything else. Anyway here is the link to the cold air intake I purchased and the prefilter bag

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/HPS-Blue-Sho...FcvrAV&vxp=mtr

https://www.amazon.ca/FILTERWEARS-Re...omotive&sr=1-1

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TinyMicTim For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-16-2019)

Thanks
    Hello Nevlak!

So, here's a picture of what I've done with my intake. It came up pretty well to be honest but you have to take your time in order to modify some things... It's based on an Injen intake which I thing some of the guys here have. It's made for the Versa Note if I'm not mistaken.
    Anyway, I relocated the baterry in order to extend the tubing to relocate the filter behind it, and further from the engine itself just to get colder air. And trust me, it's a significant change compared to the original position on top of the battery. (Also with this mod the filter won't rub the inner structure of the hood) . It sounds great and according to the manufacturer charts it makes 4/5 extra hp at higher rpm.
    If you want more detail I can post more pictures and help you.

Cheers and sorry for the dirty engine bay

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-06-21 at 18.11.57.jpg
Views: 1862
Size:  7.8 KB

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-06-21 at 18.11.57 (1).jpg
Views: 1945
Size:  20.8 KB

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-06-21 at 18.11.58.jpg
Views: 2001
Size:  22.0 KB