Thread: Is there a way to pass a wire from the interior to the engine bay?

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Question Is there a way to pass a wire from the interior to the engine bay?

Greetings fellow Micranauts, I'll try to keep it short: I need to pass a wire for a relay from the interior to the engine bay since I'm installing a button horn. Simple task right? Well after hours of inspecting the firewall it looks like it'd be easier to get a camel to go through the eye of a needle. You may see a bundle of wires above the dusty tube shown in this image, that's the only grommet I have found from the engibe bay but even if I passed a wire through there somehow I don't know where it leads to the inside. The other leads are all inside inaccesible plastic tubes.

I have heard that drilling a hole through the firewall is the simplest option, but I'm not 100% sure where the best spot to drill would be, or if any spot will do. Can anyone with more knowledge than me be able to help this beginner DIYer?

Name:  IMG_4879.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  81.2 KB

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    I passed a wire through where the hood release cable goes through. Mine was to run a fog light relay.
    Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ptbo micra For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-10-2019)

Thanks
    yes there is, its on the driver side wheel well up high...an empty rubber bung...its on this forum and i cant remember who did it but i thanked him and i verified it looks plausible...email me if u cant find it..i wrestled with this for hours and thought it was impossible until the revelation

amazod maybe was the person ?

maybe that the same as PTBOs advice
    Last edited by MrMicra2015; 05-12-2019 at 02:20 AM.
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MrMicra2015 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-13-2019)

Thanks
    I have my demon eyes running through the provided grommet, drilled another hole beside it and have a cable gland securing the power line for the subwoofer. The wires come in above and to the left of your feet, lots of room up there for hooking in to the interior fuse panel or running stuff along the bottom fo the door.

found my craptacular write up - pics at the bottom of the location
    https://micra-forum.com/showthread.p...t-and-Blackout

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.1 L/100 km ... 39.9 mpg (Imp) ... 14.1 km/L ... 33.3 mpg (US) ...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azmodon For This Useful Post:

MrMicra2015 (05-14-2019),ptbo micra (05-14-2019)