Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is this possible? Mileage of 5.4 litres / 100 kms with automatic transmission

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tomcj2 View Post
    That is quite a price difference when quoted as price per litre, but in reality you saved only $3.20, less than a medium mocha latte at Tim Horton's.
    I noticed that you tend to stop fueling at an even number of litres; that is OK, but your fuel economy data may not be accurate when only one fill-up is considered. For example, if you had put in an extra 1/2 litre (about the amount in that Timmy's latte) your fuel economy would change from 7.9 to 8.1 l/100km.
    If you try to fill the tank to the same level each time (until it "clicks" off for example) and post every fill-up you will have accurate data when viewed overall.
    Only 5 members have used the Fuel Economy Log in 2019. You have the best results.
    I filled up yesterday only because I saw the gas station with the cheaper gas. Usually would never stop while gas tank still that full.

My fuel economy log is "off" a bit because there has been a gap when I just added $10 or so dollars because I knew I would be in a cheaper gas location the next day..... so it's been a while since I filled up to the top.

My results are also skewed because I did a 2300 km road trip in May. That represents driving to the Kootenays in BC to catsit for my daughter. Most of my driving is in and around Victoria..... and I usually have averaged 7 to 7.5 by my own calculations over the past several years.

Generally not unhappy with my gas mileage since getting the car 5 years ago. The highway driving results have been a very happy bonus! :-)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.9 mpg (Imp) ... 15.9 km/L ... 37.4 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I can't get mine below 6 for a tank no matter what I do. And I've tried everything that doesnt involve being a hazard on the road.

100% highway.

Can't wait to get some tuning work done and actually push this car where it should be able to hit.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Micra SV manual: 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.3 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.4 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    nickels - did yours improve noticeably after you had the defective studs (was that it?) replaced?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I commute 120kms a day and is just shy of 6.0l/100km. Mostly hwy at around 100km/h in fifth gear...with the odd time driving it like a race car! That's with 3,500 on the ODO.

Does anyone notice the mileage get worse as the car gets on in age?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Datsun B210 View Post
    I commute 120kms a day and is just shy of 6.0l/100km. Mostly hwy at around 100km/h in fifth gear...with the odd time driving it like a race car! That's with 3,500 on the ODO.

Does anyone notice the mileage get worse as the car gets on in age?
    MAYBE. That last fill-up was the worst mileage I remember. 2015 Micra SV (middle one) automatic, 38,000 kms.
    But I am hoping it is because it was such a short distance since my last fillup.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.9 mpg (Imp) ... 15.9 km/L ... 37.4 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Mileage should actually improve as the car breaks in.

I don't think you'll see any serious drop in fuel economy after that, unless there's something wrong. That's assuming you're comparing to the same weather conditions, same driving style & patterns.

Bigger effects on fuel consumption are: weather (winter to summer, a 10-20% change wouldn't be unusual), driving style, use of A/C or not, mods (eg. wider tires on open spoke rims will hurt MPG).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    nickels - did yours improve noticeably after you had the defective studs (was that it?) replaced?
    No.

80/100 can get me 6.0. Limits (90/110) has me at 6.4.

If I hit a drivethrough or play on an onramp at all, 6.6ish

And I pick my route based solely on hypermiling opportunities. Solely.

40l normally returns 600km.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Micra SV manual: 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.3 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.4 mpg (US) ...