Thread: H&R lowering springs.

Thanks

H&R lowering springs.

So after months of going back and forth about lowering springs I finally committed and bought the H&R 28921 lowering springs. I went with these ones because after a lot of research I was really looking for the right stance more than anything. These ones quoted a 35/20mm drop (f/r) which after installed gave me a 1.5" front and 1.25" rear drop which IMO looks really nice and makes the car look more level. I bought them through tunershop international out of Germany via Ebay. I payed $320 all in, but there was a $50 international COD charge when they came that I wasn't originally aware of. Surprisingly they were at my door in Ontario in 3 days from Germany.
    I installed them today and I couldn't be happier so far. They gave the drop that I wanted and I finally feel like a car guy again after taking on the Micra to replace having had a couple higher powered Maximas. Only driven about 100km on them so far but I am very impressed on the ride quality. I was a little concerned having read on some other forums where the general consensus was that this brand was stiffer then Eibach orTanabe specifically for German cars. So far I'm not finding it uncomfortable at all and not at all "jarring". If anything I find them a little more comfortable than stock, giving a quicker response time to the road. I've only noticed it really stiff on the big speed bumps that my they've installed around here.

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Richard; 04-26-2019 at 07:52 PM. Reason: More thoughts

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

jephpej (11-03-2020),MetroMPG (04-26-2019),Parmejohn (04-26-2019)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I just picked up my set yesterday and cannot get the front spring compressed tightly between the strut and top mount. I run out of thread on the 18mm nut and I can still spin the spring when it is all assembled. From what I know, this is a no-no. How were yours?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobo.Jake View Post
    I just picked up my set yesterday and cannot get the front spring compressed tightly between the strut and top mount. I run out of thread on the 18mm nut and I can still spin the spring when it is all assembled. From what I know, this is a no-no. How were yours?
    I didn't notice anything like that. After I reassembled with the new spring i wasn't able to move the spring by hand and when tightening the 18mm bolt it tightened the spring enough to slightly compress it without using the spring compressor

Thanks
    We'll shoot, I can't get mine to compress at all. I'm going to try a rubber shim between the top mount and spring. I have a fear that the bottom of the spring will kick off the bottom seat of the strut when I hit a bump.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobo.Jake View Post
    We'll shoot, I can't get mine to compress at all. I'm going to try a rubber shim between the top mount and spring. I have a fear that the bottom of the spring will kick off the bottom seat of the strut when I hit a bump.
    Ya, something doesnt seem quite right. There should be a least some pressure maintained on the spring even under no load. I wonder if it's the wrong spring or a bit too short. What spring is it?

Thanks
    H&R 29821-1 35mm/20mm

29821 and 29821-1 must be slightly different. I've mad the rubber gasket for between the top mount and spring and it has given me enough to compress it a bit. I also hammered the "lips" on the bottom seat up to help hold the bottom of the spring in the seat. It seems to be alright. Will update tomorrow.

Thanks
    Hope it all works out. I tried searching for 28921 and I wasn't finding anything. Lots of 28921-1 and I did see a 28921-2 for the k14. Where did you get your from?

Thanks
    I ordered min on eBay from cartuningpoint in Germany. $304 shipped to Prescott, Ontario. I cut a round of 1/8" rubber for up top and hammered the bottom hooks up that hold the spring in place. Took it for a vigorous test drive and all seems well. Rides how it should have came from the factory.

Thanks
    Nice. Glad to here it worked out. Any pics of the car?