Thread: Questions For Long Term Micra Owners

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Questions For Long Term Micra Owners

Since joining this forum, i noticed that there are many owners who purchased 2015 Micras. I am curious as to what issues you have all had since purchasing the vehicle. How many kilometers do you have on your car and what have have you run into. From what I have read on the internet, many owners have had issues with the Electronic Throttle Actuator and Circuitry While others have had issues with bearings, shock absorbers, and suspension bushings. Most of these issues were considered premature wear and tear, and not covered under warranty and the ones that would have been arose after the warranty expired.

My biggest concern was around excessive oil consumption and engine issues that some owners stated surfaced. In some cases this required engine replacement. I am not as concerned as my cousin who works in parts and service at the dealer where I bought my vehicle assured me that this was primarily a Nissan Micra 2015 issue. Since that time, he told me that Nissan updated all the seals on the engines and the problem based on what he has seen has not surfaced again.

More than anything I am curious. I suspect poor break in of the vehicle can also contribute to long term issues And n that point, I may be guilty Sorry but the car is just too much fun to not drive assertively, and after 800 km, i just got sick of driving it like a grandpa and getting tail gaited to no end.

P.S. For any of you long time owners who also installed a HP Short Ran Cold Air Intake, have you experience any long term issues(i.e, engine check light being triggered)
    Last edited by TinyMicTim; 04-22-2019 at 09:15 AM.