Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Questions For Long Term Micra Owners

Thanks
    Got an email from the Nissan dealer this week. They said that no charge lease pull ahead was now available for me. (6 months early) So I said OK (since my tires will certainly not last until the end of October). Thursday next week I will turn in the Red Alert 2015 SV MT and take possession of a Red Alert 2019 SV AT. The neighbors won't even know I have a new car! unless they look real close and notice the new tires or that the SV badge is no longer included on the lift gate.

New adventure with the Automatic 4 speed. (manual tranny not available in the SV trim level any more) My impressions on the short test drives are that the Automatic is less frantic, more composed, and a lot quieter at highway speeds. I've read elsewhere on this forum that the 4 speed is geared a lot lower than the 5 speed. Time will tell if the fun factor will change without the shifting to attend to. 2019 has a way bigger 7" tough screen display and a very usable back up camera. But horror! the sun visor extensions are driver vanity mirror are missing. I'm planning on removing the 2015 sun visors and installing them on the 2019 car.

Since I did not have ANY ISSUES AT ALL with the 2015 car, I expect to have very good results with the new 2019 model.

Last edited by skill57; 05-11-2019 at 07:15 AM. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    manual tranny not available in the SV trim level any more
    WHAT!?? That's just nuts. So the base S is the only manual option now.

You're correct about what you remember reading about the automatic. It's decent ... for ancient technology. You'll take a fuel economy hit, of course.

I couldn't bring myself to trade a stick for a slushbox though - I enjoy the art of shifting my own gears too much.

Since you had such a good ownership experience with your 2015, did you consider buying it out and keeping it? Seems like a better financial move, no? How many km on it?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    what is a lease pullahead?

so basically you pay the same and drive a new car ?

mathwise i paid 10K drove for 3 years so if it blows up tomorrow i paid 277 dollars a month....but im hoping for collector plates
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrMicra2015 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-12-2019)

Thanks
    I have a 2015 SV MT which I bought new and haven't had any issues with it mechanically or electrically, and I drive it "assertively". My last car was a 5-speed manual Maxima SE with considerably more power so just trying to get anything out of the Micra to replicate. Im at just over 90k on it now. I did have some issues with the cheap tin heat shields rattling around underneath after driving through some heavy snow last winter, and replaced the brakes at about 60k, probably due to the "assertive" driving lol.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-13-2019),TinyMicTim (05-17-2019)

Thanks
    I pickup the new Micra on Thursday. I decided to lease another one because my all in cost is fairly low. We might keep this Micra after 4 years so this time I did not go with the "lease protection plan". Thai is about $1000.00. It covers and additional wear or damage that would be beyond the normal wear. Time will tell.

My wife is the main driver.
    My car is 2016 Sentra SV MT.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to skill57 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-14-2019)

Thanks
    I absolutely RAG on mine. Track days, AutoX days, the car lives at 6700rpm.

Have 11,000km and a warped flywheel, no other issues. Although sometimes bluetooth won't connect, but you just restart the car. Once a week it gets grumpy, but if the fix is free and takes 3 seconds, who cares.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Micra SV manual: 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.8 mpg (Imp) ... 14.8 km/L ... 34.8 mpg (US) ...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nickels For This Useful Post:

TinyMicTim (05-17-2019)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    2015 stripper. Only mod is interior led light. 60 km and no issues with anything, knock on wood. Studded snowies in the winter hurts my gas average, 5.8l. Sees logging roads and highway miles. Brakes still good.

Paid cash new, what a deal. A little less than a third the gas consumption of my Suburban. Mind you can't put an elk in a Micra, or can you?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bows Up For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-16-2019),TinyMicTim (05-17-2019)

Thanks
    I'm at 190,000km and no major issues. The only thing for me was how long it took to get a new alternator. For me it took over a month. Breaks and tires are still good. I do go by the book when it comes to Maintenance, and I have a good relationship with the dealership.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Aytononline For This Useful Post:

TinyMicTim (05-17-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aytononline View Post
    I'm at 190,000km and no major issues. The only thing for me was how long it took to get a new alternator. For me it took over a month. Breaks and tires are still good. I do go by the book when it comes to Maintenance, and I have a good relationship with the dealership.

Thanks for sharing. That is good to know. Do you or have you had any issues with rust so far? My cousin is the parts person in the dealership, that is why I bought the vehicle from his dealership. I know he's got my back and I will getting his cost for any parts or service. I had too many negative experiences with my Mazda Dealership and Mazda Canada before I traded my Mazda Speed 3 for the Micra. Mazda never again!!! If I am not happy with my Micra long term, I will either get a Toyota Camry(new or used) or Toyota Prius(new or used)

Thanks
    I got the Rust Proofing done when I bought the car. Some people say that's a waste of money, others say it's a good thing to do. At this point the car still looks like new.