Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oil Filter Recommendations

Thanks
    "The Nissan OEM filter is made by FRAM, I've read that here."...Wonder if it has the same specs as the OEM FRAM? I have always used the OEM filters since the manufacturer has the most to lose with an engine problem during warranty.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Micra Active manual: 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.9 mpg (Imp) ... 16.6 km/L ... 39.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobaganousch View Post
    Now your making me question if I should switch to the 0w20 haha.. I'm running the 5w30 penzoil platinum with a factory filter and it still comes out clean after 10,000kms.

Also I have been buying my filters in a group of ten per time and the parts guys have given me a discount when I've asked due to buying in bulk
    "Comes out clean"...during an oil change? Used oil always comes out dark, almost black if it's doing it's job at cleaning the engine.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Micra Active manual: 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.9 mpg (Imp) ... 16.6 km/L ... 39.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    It comes out darker than it went in however it has a very clean appearance as in a blonde colour with a red tint. I'm not due for an oil change for another few thousand but I'll take a picture of the oil when I do change it. It is very clean. Especially compared to my diesel oil or subaru oil
    N/A Subaru Addict...
    First Nissan Commuter

Thanks
    I know this is an old thread. I'm using Parts+ filters made by Champion Labs on my '16 Versa. I bought a dozen of them from RockAuto soon after I purchased the car. Final cost was $2. each including shipping. The filters seem to be doing a good job. The oil comes out pretty clean looking after 7500 miles. I've had oil in other cars with 3-5K miles on it that looked worse than the oil that comes out of the Versa after 7500. I do an oil blot test every 1500 miles and the blot test still looks great at 7500 miles.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Versa SV automatic: 4.7 L/100 km ... 60.3 mpg (Imp) ... 21.4 km/L ... 50.2 mpg (US) ...

Fram xg6607 or wix
    Not a fan of fram but there’s nothing wrong with the ultra synthetic filters

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...