Thread: Micra K13 1.2 Spark Plug Replacement Guide

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Micra K13 1.2 Spark Plug Replacement Guide

I'm unsure if Canada has the 1.2 3-cylinder K13 model, but here's a quick guide to save $230 in labour charges:
    At first inspection, it appears as if you need to do a lot of dismantling to change the plugs. Not so. Remove the four 10mm head bolts holding the plastic inlet manifold to the cylinder head. These are very tight. I used an 1/2" universal joint with hex 10mm socket. Then remove the air filter box and air pipe.

Next remove the four 10mm head bolts holding the rest of the manifold/throttle body assembly to the valve cover. Then you can carefully lift and manoeuvre the whole assembly just enough to access the front spark plug. They are a 14mm spark plug socket size with a 3/8" ratchet and short extension. This method saves a lot of extra work and doesn't require draining/refilling the coolant system.

I did the job twice as I was given the wrong plugs. Second time took me 40 minutes. The inlet manifold gasket is reusable according to Nissan and I would consider changing on the third plug swap. It looks quite daunting, but is a quite simple task.
    I work on two Micra at the moment, so I will share tips.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tobytronicstereophonic For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-20-2023)

Thanks
    Thanks & great write-up!

I've always been curious about that engine - Ours only come with the 1.6L

Welcome to the forum
    2019 Micra S - 5-speed
    -Eibach Lowering Springs
    -HK Silent-Power Exhaust
    -Chassis Braces
    -Reinforced Engine & Trans Bushings

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra S manual: 7.8 L/100 km ... 36.3 mpg (Imp) ... 12.8 km/L ... 30.2 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thanks for sharing about how to change spark plugs

Last edited by NicoleOrtiz; 07-25-2023 at 11:12 PM.
    Or you can consult at your suitable applications at Getmodnow website with safe and free so you can rest assured