Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Battery Group Size 121R

Thanks
    I just called Nissan and they told me the replacement same as the original is a 99R. it's 159$ plus taxes. I will need to buy a new one as mine is totally dead after 6 years.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    That's exactly what Nissan installed in mine and the price was also 160$ + 40$ to install so 200$ total. 5 year full warranty but if it fails after the 2 years mark, they'll charge the installation fee of 40$ to replace.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by carorules View Post
    That's exactly what Nissan installed in mine and the price was also 160$ + 40$ to install so 200$ total. 5 year full warranty but if it fails after the 2 years mark, they'll charge the installation fee of 40$ to replace.
    How is the battery working for you a year later? I’m having trouble with my car not starting on the first try, and sometimes not at all, especially in the cold.

Thanks
    When you say it doesn't start, does the starter turn the engine when you twist the key? Or do you need jumper cables to another car or a battery charger to get the engine to start? If it's the first case, the battery is not the problem.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetcheerio View Post
    How is the battery working for you a year later? I’m having trouble with my car not starting on the first try, and sometimes not at all, especially in the cold.
    No issue with the battery a year later. I got a charger on amazon and every few months I charge the battery just to be safe but my car starts well. On an un-related note, today when in reverse my car made a really horrible noise, like metal on metal, wondering if something's wrong with the brakes, like something is stuck maybe? Anybody ever had that, so far it's only when in reverse.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by carorules View Post
    No issue with the battery a year later. I got a charger on amazon and every few months I charge the battery just to be safe but my car starts well. On an un-related note, today when in reverse my car made a really horrible noise, like metal on metal, wondering if something's wrong with the brakes, like something is stuck maybe? Anybody ever had that, so far it's only when in reverse.
    Might be the heat shield around the muffler, I knoe mine is loose and rattles; best to start a new tread if you want any solid answers

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 7.4 L/100 km ... 38.4 mpg (Imp) ... 13.6 km/L ... 31.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yes, you're right, the battery is not the problem. It always turns over, but did not catch.
    In the meantime, I went to the local dealership (after trying a mechanic closer to me who put a tester on the battery, found it was in great shape, and found no codes onboard) where they told me the same thing... battery is good, no codes. Latest theory is that there may be some gunky build up at the fuel filter? I've put around 1000 km of highway driving in since the last post, as well as two cans of sea foam and three tanks of premium gas (:'(), and it's been starting (sluggishly!) the first try! Super weird, eh?

Thanks
    Thanks, that's great to hear, glad it's going well. My micro is also super super loud at certain revs. I think it's the heat shield too, but my old mechanic just refused to hear what I heard.

Thanks
    Just replaced battery with a 96R from Canadian Tire. It is 1.5" longer than the original battery, but fits into the tray with no issues at all. Overall height is exactly the same as original battery which prevented stretching the positive cable and having trouble with the intake tube. If you need a replacement battery for your Micra, go with the 96R it fits great with 590CCA over 470CCA original.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Weirdoh55 For This Useful Post:

Vaszya (11-03-2022)

Thanks
    I hate to admit to being a "stupid" woman around cars but.... I might be. My battery is 7 years old but seems to still be okay. It is not the original - the original died after 4 months and the Nissan dealership replaced it. Should I replace it now, before winter, even though it is working fine? I feel like it must be on its last legs after 7 years, but don't want to do so if there is nothing wrong with it. To save myself a lot of grief, I'll just go back to the dealer. Sure no complaints about the one they did in 2015.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.4 L/100 km ... 38.0 mpg (Imp) ... 13.4 km/L ... 31.6 mpg (US) ...