Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there A Cold Air Intake for 2019 Nissan Micra

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Is there A Cold Air Intake for 2019 Nissan Micra

Does anyone know if there is a Cold Air Intake for 2019 Micra. From what I understand the HPS Red Shortram Cool Air Intake Kit which is compatible with the 2014-16 Nissan Versa Note 1.6L is also compatible the the 2014-16 Nissan Micra. Has anyone tried or does anyone know if this would also work with a 2019 Micra considering the engine has relatively remained unchanged since 2016. Thanks

Thanks
    Hi TinyMicTim,

I have a 2017 Nissan Micra with the same 1.6L engine and Nissan Versa HPS Short Ram Intake. The kit is plug-and-play and I did not get any CELs or problems. As far as I know, the 2019 Micra has the same 1.6 L engine as well so it should work.

I also believe Injen makes a short ram air intake kit for the Nissan Versa/Micra's 1.6L 4-cylinder engine.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Parmejohn For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-16-2019)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Parmejohn View Post
    Hi TinyMicTim,

I have a 2017 Nissan Micra with the same 1.6L engine and Nissan Versa HPS Short Ram Intake. The kit is plug-and-play and I did not get any CELs or problems. As far as I know, the 2019 Micra has the same 1.6 L engine as well so it should work.

I also believe Injen makes a short ram air intake kit for the Nissan Versa/Micra's 1.6L 4-cylinder engine.
    Thanks Parmejohn. Did you see a noticeable improvement in performance after you did that. Did you also notice any improvements in fuel economy.
    I contacted the vendor and he said the following:
    "Hey there! Unfortunately we have not tested these on any models past 2016 and HPS was not able to confirm fitment since they have not physically tested it on a newer model either."

It will cost approximately $250 Canadian with shipping if I buy it. So just trying to decide if I want to risk trying it. I posted here as I figured this would be the best source to see if anyone else had experience with this.
    Last edited by TinyMicTim; 04-11-2019 at 06:46 AM.

Thanks
    The Micra in Canada has been the same car since 2015 basically, it's all the K13 platform.

Anybody know a place to get these parts locally in the GTA?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyMicTim View Post
    Thanks Parmejohn. Did you see a noticeable improvement in performance after you did that. Did you also notice any improvements in fuel economy.
    I contacted the vendor and he said the following:
    "Hey there! Unfortunately we have not tested these on any models past 2016 and HPS was not able to confirm fitment since they have not physically tested it on a newer model either."

It will cost approximately $250 Canadian with shipping if I buy it. So just trying to decide if I want to risk trying it. I posted here as I figured this would be the best source to see if anyone else had experience with this.
    I felt a slight increase in accelerator responsiveness after installation, but the feeling was most likely a placebo effect. I believe manufacturers usually claim a slight increase in horsepower with their aftermarket intake, but I have yet to see any dyno sheets that support this for the Versa/Micra specifically.

In terms of fuel economy, I did not see any noticeable differences. To be fair, I tend to drive with a lead foot most of the time.

The only guaranteed effect with the HPS shortram intake that I know of is the sound. After installation, intake/engine sounds were noticeably louder, especially at 3000+ RPM.

I apologize I could not provide more information to answer your questions, but I hope this helps you make a purchase decision.

For what it's worth, I would recommend you stick with the stock intake unless you really want a louder intake sound or the potential for a slight increase in performance.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Parmejohn For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-16-2019),TinyMicTim (04-12-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Parmejohn View Post
    For what it's worth, I would recommend you stick with the stock intake unless you really want a louder intake sound or the potential for a slight increase in performance.
    Any chance you could post a video or sound clip of the sound? I am debating intake and exhaust for sound and the chance of a little more pep in the car, would love the data.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ontario_micra View Post
    Any chance you could post a video or sound clip of the sound? I am debating intake and exhaust for sound and the chance of a little more pep in the car, would love the data.
    Sure, I will record some sound clips this weekend.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Parmejohn For This Useful Post:

ontario_micra (04-14-2019)

Thanks
    Any chance you recorded your intake sound this weekend?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Sorry about the delay. The first clip is a recording of a short drive (don't worry, I turn off the music before I really start getting on it ). Since my car is automatic, it is a little difficult to reach and maintain higher revs. In a manual, you would probably get an even more pronounced intake sound as you can really rev it out.

When researching intakes a few months ago, I stumbled across a video of a K13 Micra with an Injen intake and it gives a really good example of intake sounds. I wonder if it is from someone on this forum?

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Parmejohn For This Useful Post:

jephpej (11-21-2020),MetroMPG (04-17-2019),ontario_micra (04-17-2019)

Thanks
    Thank you so much! It sounds great, not like those Honda fart-boxes you hear everywhere. I really need to find an intake now, lol.