Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Micra Arrives in Edmonton

Thanks

Micra Arrives in Edmonton

According to various dealers websites, the Micra has arrived in Edmonton. So far, the only model with pictures is a black automatic Micra S. Despite what some of the reviews have been saving, moving from the standard to the automatic S only gets you the automatic transmission, air conditioning, and cruise. The pictures clearly show the roll up windows, plain seats, and lack of door fabric of the truly base model.

I'll see if I can convince the missus for us to take a test drive this weekend Probably not going to get one anytime soon, but it'll be nice to have it as an option when we need to get another car.

Last edited by Ustauk; 06-12-2014 at 06:33 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ustauk For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-27-2014)

Thanks
    I've noticed that in a few reviews as well: the confusion about what you get when you opt for automatic/air from the base S.

If you go for a drive, let us know what you think.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Here are the Micra's available at the GoAuto Nissan dealerships in Edmonton; as noted, only the black Micra has a picture.

Here are the Micra listings for West End Nissan in Edmonton. They currently have only one, with no picture.

Scott Nissan in Red Deer, a small city an hour and a half from Edmonton, also has some Micras.

Seeing the Micra's on the GoAuto page in particular reinforces the value of an Auto SV versus an Auto S; if you're already forced to pay the $3300 premium to move to the automatic for whatever reason, you might as well splurge on the extra $1500 to get modern niceties of heated mirrors, power doors and windows, steering wheel audio controls, keyless entry, an armrest, cargo cover, etc. It'd be different if they had an auto S variant without air conditioning for $1500 to $2000 over the manual S, but they don't give you that option.

Thanks
    The West End Nissan listing states the Micra S they have is a standard; I've called the dealership and confirmed this is a mistake, and they have the automatic in stock, as appropriate to the price in the listing. The saleperson also stated they had already sold three Micras, which is impressive since they just arrived, and especially so in a province that leans more towards trucks and SUVs. They said they're expecting more Micras in their next shipment.

Thanks
    I'm surprised too: Alberta visitors are 3rd highest by province on the site last time I checked (Ont, Que first).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I'm surprised too: Alberta visitors are 3rd highest by province on the site last time I checked (Ont, Que first).
    You might want to screen out visits by me to get accurate numbers; I check this site a bit obsessively

Thanks
    HA! I did, actually. Thanks to all the Edmonton traffic I saw.

Stats about non-members only (ie. searchers).

I stand corrected though: Alberta is 4th, not 3rd (as of a week or so ago)... cumulative numbers for ~2 months.

- 46% from Ontario
    - 24% from Quebec
    - 13% from B.C.
    - 9% from Alberta

Thanks
    4th is better then most outside the province would expect, but living here I can tell you even with the boom, some people always remember the bust that always follows, and try and remain frugal. Especially in north and central Alberta, a lot of people have rural roots, and still appreciate a good deal when we see one We also have a more car-centric culture in Edmonton with poorer (but expanding) transit then some other cities, so a lot of people would rather have a modest car then no car at all.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    4th is better then most outside the province would expect, but living here I can tell you even with the boom, some people always remember the bust that always follows, and try and remain frugal.
    Excellent advice. We never know what will happen to the economy, the next car could be our last, and what better car than the Micra.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    The GoNissan dealership in Edmonton are having a Dine and Dash test drive deal on right now; take a car for a 24 hour test drive, and you get a $100 dinner certificate. I'll have to see if this will be enough to get the missus let us take a Micra for a spin

There are several Micra's listed, but only this blue SR and this white SR have pictures.