Thread: Low volume on the rear speakers

Thanks

Low volume on the rear speakers

Hi all!
    I've got a Micra with the first generation Nissan Connect head unit. The car has 4 speakers + 2 tweeters in front. The front speakers are nice and loud, while the back speakers barely make a sound.

I played around with the fade and front to back settings in the unit and when I go all the way to the back the sound is really dim, at full volume I barely hear the rear speakers.

As far as I know, the front and rear speakers are the same size and type so theoretically should sound similarly (not counting the extra tones that the tweeters provide), but the rears are dim.

The sound is not distorted in any way, just low volume.

Questions please:
    1. Can anyone else confirm if this is a normal thing on the Micra, with these head units?
    2. Is there a fix for this as far as you people are aware?
    3. Is there any further advise you could provide?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyProphet View Post
    Hi all!
    I've got a Micra with the first generation Nissan Connect head unit. The car has 4 speakers + 2 tweeters in front. The front speakers are nice and loud, while the back speakers barely make a sound.

I played around with the fade and front to back settings in the unit and when I go all the way to the back the sound is really dim, at full volume I barely hear the rear speakers.

As far as I know, the front and rear speakers are the same size and type so theoretically should sound similarly (not counting the extra tones that the tweeters provide), but the rears are dim.

The sound is not distorted in any way, just low volume.

Questions please:
    1. Can anyone else confirm if this is a normal thing on the Micra, with these head units?
    2. Is there a fix for this as far as you people are aware?
    3. Is there any further advise you could provide?
    It's what they do. Near no rear output. Gotta upgrade the whole system..

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Micra SV manual: 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.8 mpg (Imp) ... 14.8 km/L ... 34.8 mpg (US) ...