Thread: Door Clicking - Problem Found

Thanks

Door Clicking - Problem Found

Had been hearing the door make a light click when closing from fully open for a few months now... since I couldn't see the hinge when it happened I couldn't really identify where it was coming from.

Then I tried to go for lunch this afternoon, heard a very loud click, and discovered I couldn't close my door

Name:  Surprise.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  89.7 KB

I've never actually seen one of these foul up before, there's a thicker steel bracket inside which looks fine (seems to be attached to that part of the door skin) but the skin itself has torn. What's weird is that they broke inwards, as opposed to outwards (as I would expect if you threw your door open a lot... which I don't) So when trying to close the door, it tips and the plastic arm jams - disconnecting it fixed the issue, but now I have to "fix" it somehow. Might just put on wider washers...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.1 L/100 km ... 39.9 mpg (Imp) ... 14.1 km/L ... 33.3 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Azmodon For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-27-2019)

Thanks
    My sister's 2004 Toyota Sienna had a similar failure.

I wonder if folks on the Versa forums are seeing this.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    My friends Micra actually broke off on the driver door. He's an older gent delivering pizza for Domino's

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jgoedhard For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-04-2019)