Thread: Hidden XM feature in the Convenience Package/SR radio?

Thanks

Hidden XM feature in the Convenience Package/SR radio?

I had a bit of time to experiment with my Micra today and decided to look into my radio issue with it not turning on in cold weather. Turns out, if you unplug the backup camera/bluetooth wire, the radio will reset everything into a completely different firmware. It'll make a mechanical noise, then when it starts up, the AUX button will switch between CD, USB, and AUX, while the CD button will show up as XM. The radio also has a connector on the back for an XM antenna. This will also remap the steering wheel controls so Vol down will power the unit on or off, Vol up goes to the previous song/channel, while the left and right audio buttons will both skip to the next song/channel. Source still works as it should and will also switch to XM, but bluetooth doesn't do anything. When I plug the backup camera wire back in, I can hear the same mechanical sound, then the radio switches to the "Micra firmware" without XM. From this point, everything will return to normal and the steering wheel controls will work properly. It's almost like the radio boots twice every time you start it up with that connector in. It also sounds like a mechanical connection, which would explain why my radio doesn't work in the cold sometimes. I'll hear the same noise when it does eventually turn on. So, the radio can do XM, but Nissan decided to remove it for the Micra

Thanks
    Nice sleuthing! Going to add the antenna?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I can't seem to get it work with XM and keep the backup camera, Bluetooth, or steering wheel controls. So I probably won't. Just thought it was interesting