Thread: My 2019 Micra SV Review

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

My 2019 Micra SV Review

I just purchased a Nissan Micra SV 2019 Automatic in Metallic Blue
    The main thing that caught my attention was the size and power to weight ratio.
    The car replaced a 2010 MazdaSpeed 3. Other vehicles I had considered were the Kia Rio, Kia Forte, Honda Fit, and Toyota Prius. I chose to go with the Micra as I have a cousin who works in a Nissan Dealership in the parts sections, so I knew over the long haul, there would be less issues around getting proper service and I would be able to save on parts and repairs. It was a nightmare dealing with Mazda over issues I had with my Mazda, and that left a sour taste in my mouth. No more Mazdas.
    This will mostly be a commuter car to commute back and forth to work
    While the Micra is not bu*t ugly, I wish that the body was more European. Like the Micras sold in the UK.
    I Wish It Had Heated Seats. My Mazda had heated seats and I sure miss that, especially when it gets brutally cold outside.
    A Navigation System Would Have been nice as standard or optional.
    I love how roomy the interior is. It seems to have more than enough room and space for my purposes.
    I love how the car drives. I am hesitant to take it out on the highway yet as it is not properly broken in and I don’t want to floor the pedal just to get it to highway speeds just yet. It corners and breaks well and I would go so far as to say that it drives and handles as well as my MazdaSpeed3 did if not better. It is so much fun to drive, I fear I may screw up breaking it in properly and end up with long term problems. It is taking every ounce of restraint and discipline in me to drive it slow and steady until it is properly broken in. Things are complicated by the fact that my city is full of tailgaters. When you accelerate slowly and vary your speed, they tail you instead of just passing you.
    As far as fuel economy, and not surprisingly seems way better than my MazdaSpeed3 which took only premium gas. With Mazda I was spending $50 every two weeks. With the same kilometers travelled on the Micra, my tank is still at 3/4 so too early to compare just yet.
    On a scale of 1-10, I would give the car a 8, given the lack of heated seats and Navigation System. But for must people that is probably a minor gripe.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TinyMicTim For This Useful Post:

ontario_micra (03-15-2019)