Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ice Buildup Issue - Front fender bottoms

Thanks
    I haven't. I don't know about the previous owner, though. I'd like to figure this out though. There were a few weeks where I was hesitant to open the door more than a little because I was afraid I'd kink the front corner of the door.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Since yours is the first mention of this problem in ~4 years, I suspect this isn't a typical Micra issue.

Did you by chance have the car anti-rust sprayed? Any chance they sprayed a low viscosity fluid in that cavity that could have blocked it?
    Yup, it was sprayed. They force you to get the winter package and basic coating here. They do a **** job of applying both of those things to every vehicle that comes on the lot and are non-negotiable about charging you for it

Gotta love living where there is minimal competition. They know the alternative is spending $2000 grand to go get one down South.

It just warmed up here so I'll be giving it a good scrub and will take a look for blockage there and see how just water holds/drains and report back.