Thread: Coilovers! Has anyone tried them?

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Coilovers! Has anyone tried them?

Hi, new to the forum and whatnot. Hoping someone with some knowledge can help me out. I'm looking to further pimp out my 2015 March (K13) by doing some suspension adjustments and was considering coilovers over lowering springs.

I found these online which look pretty dope: https://rzcrewgarage.com/products/te...mo-vsk60-c1as2. However they are labeled for the K13 NISMO. Do you think there would be a compatibility issue between the NISMO and regular K13?

Has anyone who has done suspension work recommend something for my particular vehicle? The reason I'm lowering is because I'll be adding some sick 18 inch wheels real soon

Thanks
    Welcome!

You have a 2015 March... and live in the U.S.?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Haha yeah I'm an extremely rare specimen of someone who lived in Mexico and now resides in the US and didn't bother getting a new car :P I get people asking about my car all the time, and I feel kind of left out since here in America it's all about size and looks. I don't want to stick out with stock wheels and suspension!

Thanks
    OMG thats 1/10th the price of the car !!!!!!

iv heard some of us have swaybars (ie all north american) so some people say the tab isnt on the coilover...as you can see i dont know anything about them, some people on here probably know
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    The Flex Z for the Nismo is the set to get if you're doing coilovers - a few of us prior to knowing that got the "street advance" series for the standard K13 -> which doesn't have the front sway bar tabs, so we have been finding work-arounds for that for quite some time. The Nismo stuff all fits, frame wise a K13 is a K13, but only the Nismo K13 (and the Canadian one) has a front sway bar.

The flex also has the added benefit of independent ride height / spring rate adjustment, where the advance just has the adjustable spring rate to adjust height.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.1 L/100 km ... 39.9 mpg (Imp) ... 14.1 km/L ... 33.3 mpg (US) ...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azmodon For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-28-2019),senseibericum (02-28-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMicra2015 View Post
    OMG thats 1/10th the price of the car !!!!!!
    Haha not quite, but still a pretty good price, adjusted for the recent drop of the Mexican Peso I paid about $7,780USD out the door and mind you this is including 5-year wide-coverage international insurance which doing the math costs $25/mo. No American car can beat this deal for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Azmodon View Post
    The Flex Z for the Nismo is the set to get if you're doing coilovers - a few of us prior to knowing that got the "street advance" series for the standard K13 -> which doesn't have the front sway bar tabs, so we have been finding work-arounds for that for quite some time. The Nismo stuff all fits, frame wise a K13 is a K13, but only the Nismo K13 (and the Canadian one) has a front sway bar.

The flex also has the added benefit of independent ride height / spring rate adjustment, where the advance just has the adjustable spring rate to adjust height.
    I actually went through the entire suspension modding thread yesterday, thank you so much for all your input, this is by far the most informative post I have seen. In return, I'll share some pictures of the new wheel/coilover overhaul for future reference for all other March/Micra enthusiasts here
    Last edited by senseibericum; 02-28-2019 at 05:52 PM.

Thanks
    7780 USD = 10283.215 CAD

pretty much bang on.

we would have to add tax to that and and "delivery..roll eyes....fee"....

2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!