Thread: Dash squeaks in colder temperature

Thanks

Dash squeaks in colder temperature

I love my 2015 Micra SR, low milleage, beautiful second car. When temperature is below freezing, I always hear a plastic sqeaks coming from driver side dash and desappear when car gets warmer inside the cabin. Nothing wrong but play with nerves once in a while. Does anybody have a similar problem ? Any solution would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks
    yup, drove me nuts - a big source of it for me is actually where the centre console goes in to the dash by your feet. I've used folded up napkins from 7-11 as a bushing between the two surfaces lol

I haven't noticed as much coming from the dash itself since I put a fabric dash cover on to cut down on glare.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.1 L/100 km ... 39.9 mpg (Imp) ... 14.1 km/L ... 33.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I had also noise coming from the console, removed the 2 push-pins and replaced them with clips and screws, no more noise. The actual problem is different, hope to find a solution. Thanks for your reply!

Thanks
    yes mine squeaks by the vent on the drivers side. stops if I push down on it. My cupholders in front of the stick rattle against the dash SO LOUDLY that i need to shove something in there soon before I go bonkers. Not sure how to solve the dash squeak though, its definitely rubbing the roll cage plastic cover.
    Micra Meets: Mosport '18

Car Girls FTW.

Interior mods only right now.

Thanks
    That could be my problem, do you mean windshield defogger? If you check there is a push-pin on each side of the console, the 2 parts does Not hold firmly together, replace it with clips and screws. You can get those clips and screws at bodyshop supply store.

Thanks
    Me to but don't care as it is the cheapest car one can buy still decent considering it is only in the cold

Thanks
    On our 2015 the squeaks seem to be coming form a poorly fitted plastic edge that meets the windscreen and the dash. It could even be a poor quality glad as it does have imperfections, it is the Nissan brand on it. You can see it bind on the window. Sorry no picture and I have not looked at fixing it. Maybe when the windscreen is replaced I'll have the shop look at it.