Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2) Micra mini rv conversion? (How do you remove rear seats?)

Thanks

2) Micra mini rv conversion? (How do you remove rear seats?)

Curious if anyone has turned their micra, even temporarily, into a small rv or anything similar for one person?

I am heading on a cross canada trip next summer. I was planning on doing it by motorcycle but I have done that before so I thought perhaps I would take the front passenger seat out of micra s and install a sleeping station front to back. modify the rest in some configuration and perhaps add some extra battery power.

Looking for any and all comment/ suggestions.

Thanks

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.8 mpg (Imp) ... 14.8 km/L ... 34.8 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FundyFan View Post
    Curious if anyone has turned their micra, even temporarily, into a small rv or anything similar for one person?

I am heading on a cross canada trip next summer. I was planning on doing it by motorcycle but I have done that before so I thought perhaps I would take the front passenger seat out of micra s and install a sleeping station front to back. modify the rest in some configuration and perhaps add some extra battery power.

Looking for any and all comment/ suggestions.

Thanks
    Hi I have in fact done this and it was really comfortable and spacious! I'm away from home and only have a couple of bad pictures but at least you know its possible...

Name:  micracamper.jpg
Views: 3556
Size:  47.5 KB
    Name:  micracamper2.jpg
Views: 1278
Size:  49.0 KB
    Name:  micrashades.jpg
Views: 1648
Size:  88.1 KB

There was room for me to lie out flat and if I was taller, I could remove the large backrest/seat cushion. There was no need to take the front seat out for me - just moved it right forward and tilted forward. I'm not sure if all micras have this but with mine I simply folded the backs of the rear seats down and removed the headrests so they sat more flush. Then I built a small wooden frame that sat in the rear left passenger foot-well and placed a few large seat cushions on the floor of the boot, this then allowed me to lay the large cushions you can see in the pictures flat across the top resulting a comfortable flat bed! The sunshades you can see in the pictures worked great, even in full sunlight it was pretty dark inside and they were basically just cut to size such that they'd just wedge in when I closed the door. For driving the cushions just stacked up and the rear right passenger seat could even come back up!

Sorry I can't get any more details

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rupert For This Useful Post:

Ajijic (03-23-2019),Azmodon (02-05-2019),FundyFan (02-06-2019),LilGeckos (02-05-2019),MetroMPG (02-06-2019)

Thanks
    Amazing! Thanks for the pics/ info, Rupert.

I was just coming to this thread to say "I haven't heard of any Micra owners who have done this yet".

FundyFan - if you do it, take pics and post them here.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

FundyFan (02-06-2019)

Thanks
    I was wondering if it was possible to removed the backs of the back seats. The one thing I miss about my Honda Fit is that the seats lay totally flat whereas with my 2015 Micra, there is a considerable slope.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.4 L/100 km ... 38.0 mpg (Imp) ... 13.4 km/L ... 31.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    The euro Micras have a much more versatile rear seat... "flip and fold".

But you can remove the seat parts of the Canadian cars. The bottom cushion just pulls right out (clips, no tools). So the seat backs might lay flat in the space where the bottom cushion was.

See...

Turning your Micra into a micro cargo van... rear seat removal
    https://micra-forum.com/showthread.p...r-seat-removal

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

patty (02-28-2019)

Thanks
    I'll try with just removing the seat cushions.... A lot less work. Thanks.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.4 L/100 km ... 38.0 mpg (Imp) ... 13.4 km/L ... 31.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    But another question... do you tug on the side, where the hand is in the picture..... Or at the front...approximately where the space between a passenger's leg would be?

Thanks
    You want to tug as close to the clip as possible. You can see the clip hole location in the floor in one of the pics. You won't hurt it if you pull too far away. It just won't pop off.

What would be neat: take a pic of the angle of the rear seat backs folded down with the lower cushion in place and another one with it removed. I'm curious to see how much of a difference it makes

Thanks
    Sure I'll take pictures, but I don't think I'll be even trying to do this for a couple of weeks because I am supposed to be going away. But the train I am supposed to take is the route of the one that was stranded in Oregon for 30+ hours and the track is not clear yet. We'll see what happens.

Thanks
    I am unsure how to remove the back seat. When a friend and I tried for about 20 minutes this morning, all we could get a grip on was the foam of the seat and needless to say, this did not provide enough strength to unclip or move anythings. ANY other ideas?