Thread: Proud new owner of a Nissan Micra! Any advice?

Thanks

Red face Proud new owner of a Nissan Micra! Any advice?

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking this forum for quite a while, since I first started researching cars.
    The Micra is a perfect size for me - I'm a single (well, boyfriend comes along sometimes ) city driver, I don't need much more.
    I saw this one, within my price range, from 2015, with 43,000 km on it, and I had to go drive it! WELL I fell in love with this delightful little car. Great on gas, beloved by many, and it's blue. Pretty adorable.
    I got it checked out by a mechanic who flagged a couple of things that are getting repaired by the dealership. I pick it up in a couple of days and I can hardly wait! I've never been so excited to drive, except maybe when I got my licence. I hope everyone gets a chance to feel this way when they get a car.
    I love how simple it is too. For many people I read reviews from online, this was a downside. For me this is an UPSIDE. Manually adjusting my mirrors is a bit of a fun quirk at the moment, but we'll see how I end up liking that. I'm someone who enjoys the simple things in life so I think I will get equal enjoyment out of this as time goes on!

Have I mentioned this is my first actual car?

Can't wait to start driving this little manual and enjoying the fuel efficiency and the ability to park anywhere.

Do you guys love your Micra? Any tips for a new Micra driver?

Cheers!

Thanks
    I actually love the car too. I was a bit skeptical at first as my wife picked it out because apparently I had picked out the last few cars we've had. My only recommendation to her was that it was a manual, purely for my driving pleasure. My wife loves that you sit up higher than say a Honda civic or something so she feels more comfortable and gives her good visual over the dash. We have a Honda van also and given that I work nights we both use the car for work. Sometimes the van will sit in the garage all week without being driven. Its small size makes it perfect for city parking/driving, and I find the manual peppy enough to satisfy my urge to get to 60 or 100 as fast as possible, should I need to lol .
    Ours is a 2015 also which we bought new. We had to do the brakes at around 60k, and we had some minor issues with the heat shields underneath rattling around off the exhaust. Otherwise its been a solid car.
    If your manually adjusting mirrors then I suspect its an "S" model which also means manual windows, no power door locks, no cruise control etc. unless they were optioned on by the original owner. They, to me would be more of an inconvenience then the mirrors, which theoretically might only ever have to be adjusted once.

Congrats. I think you made a good decision. Happy driving. Enjoy

Thanks
    Have FUN and drive carefully...BTW, one of the most popular cars here in Mexico!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Micra Active manual: 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.9 mpg (Imp) ... 16.6 km/L ... 39.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Welcome to the forum!

Thanks
    welcome welcome i too have the manual S..my son found out recently there is no drivers side vanity mirror...but why would we care?..we are the driver with eyes firmly fixed on the road!....i think its a GREAT car.....simple...and a good CAR...which is really all you need because walking is .....SLOW...but relaxing......probably not much major will go wrong for a while,,,but ther are many of us her with MUCH advice.....some of it useful !!
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Welcome to the forum, wabiiziikwe!

Congrats on your new-to-you Micra. Another base S joins the ranks (it's surprisingly popular among forum members).

Quote Originally Posted by wabiiziikwe View Post
    from 2015, with 43,000 km on it
    Low km for a 2015 - nice find.

I got it checked out by a mechanic who flagged a couple of things
    Out of curiosity, what did the mechanic find?

I'm someone who enjoys the simple things in life
    You're going to love it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Senior Member Micra In The Mountains's Avatar
    Thanks
    Welcome! You're going to enjoy getting around in your new Micra, especially with the current gas prices

Nice!