Thread: Snow blown inside the Micra (through the vents!) - complete fog-up

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Snow blown inside the Micra (through the vents!) - complete fog-up

Every now and then, the fan will blow snow inside my Micra.
    Interior covered in snow: dash, seats, doors, myself.

And a few times every winter, I get the fog-up : in less than 20 seconds, all windows turn white. Opaque.
    I have 20 seconds to turn on the hasards and find a spot to stop the car.

I turn the fan OFF before I start the engine, remove all snow from the hood and grid. I start the fan only once the car got moving. Still, I get snow inside.
    Only once the engine is hot do I turn the heat up (That makes for a fun first 15 minutes at minus 20!).
    AC on too. No, the blower ins't set to recirculation.

Has anyone heard of that before?

Thanks!

Thanks
    The fogging up problem is common with these cars from what I've read. I have the same issue in my 2015 almost every time I get on the highway, which is only a couple km's from my house and the car hasn't warmed up yet. I usually crack the window a bit until im up to speed and this helps. Nissan even went as far as having graphic instructions on the upper side of the driver side sun visor for best defrosting methods, so I'm assuming its a known problem.
    As far as blowing snow in, the air comes in through the blower motor which should be located under the dash on the passenger side (someone else may know for sure, that's just the usual spot I think). One thing I would check is to see if there is a cabin air filter installed. I think a lot of Micra's came without them, at least mine did. Its kind of a pain to get to. Its location behind the lower center console so the glove box has to be removed to get at it. This would at least make the snow have to filter through this first. Or try making sure all the snow is removed from the lower windshield and grill area under the wipers. I think this is where the air is pulled in from to go to the blower motor.

Thanks
    Yeah, I would check for a filter as well, don't think the glove box needs to be removed though
    Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

Thanks
    I had to remove mine to get at it. There may be another way if you remove part of the center console or something but it pulls out from behind the glove box.

Thanks
    I have never had snow come in but my 2015 sometimes has fogging issues.
    I also have my driver window down a bit to help with this and noticed I have to have the dial set to the top at defrost.

It’s more of an issue in spring or fall foggy temps.
    In these times I need the ac on the help with this humidity. And it does clear it all.
    I’ve never had this issue with any other car lol.

In the summer or cold winter days no fog... You know when it’ll happen, as you can feel the dampness in the car.

Ah well... I still love my Micra!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ptbo micra View Post
    Yeah, I would check for a filter as well
    Was going to suggest the same thing.

Let us know how it turns out, rems.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    you dont have to remove the glovebox to get to the filter acess point but if you dont have ac the filter you put in may fall into an abyss....so i still dont have a filter......move to BC.
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Never had a fog up until we ran the Micra in for the air bag inflator recall. After that it was terrible. I was stumped for a bit. Then it hit me - recirculation. The lever at the lower part of the console was slid over to recirculate the cabin air. Slid it over to fresh air and viola! No problem since. It was interesting that the dealership had no answer to the fogging only to day it was a big problem on the versa/Micra...etc. I guess they don't have any idea what they are talking about when it comes to the very cars they sell.
    Oh, never had snow blow in...sorry to hear that you have that problem.

Thanks
    I keep an ice scrapper handy... so I can scrape and drive at the same time

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tritowns For This Useful Post:

LilGeckos (04-19-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I had to remove mine to get at it. There may be another way if you remove part of the center console or something but it pulls out from behind the glove box.
    Those little holes that are under the passenger wiper need to be clean at all times. I had the experience because of water getting in there and freezing. it caused my heat, defrost not work. Also caused a fluttering noise in my vents. Once the car warmed up it was fine.