Thread: Self-unlocking front doors

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Self-unlocking front doors

Hello! This is my first post on this forum, I’m pretty stoked to have found a forum for this awesome little car I got.
    On the models with the manual locks, I’m sure everyone is familiar with the self-unlocking front doors. I’ve read this was implemented to help people not forget their keys inside their car, which is pretty neat. However I hate his feature, it’s annoying to have to explain the ‘hold the handle open and close door’ method to passengers.

I’m curious if anyone lock-savvy knows a way to disable this feature? So that if you lock from inside, leave, and close the door, it stays locked. It’s really my only gripe with this awesome car! (That and no A/C in base model, almost irrelevant with 9-month Canadian winters :) )

Cheers

Thanks
    Super delayed response...

First: welcome to the forum!

Second: I'm sure there's some way to defeat the system.

But ...

If you're going to pull the door apart, wouldn't it be better (and more useful) to add power remote locks? Several members have done this to their S models:

Thread: DIY: adding keyless entry / remote power locks to Micra S

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...