Thread: windows freeze up constantly

Thanks

windows freeze up constantly

anyone have any experience in how to prevent windows from freezing shut.
    My problem is this. I start the car on a winter morning and within a km or two i'm on the 401. The windows frost up as soon as i get up to speed and merge onto the highway (which is another problem with these cars all on their own). To alleviate the frosting up I go to open the windows a crack and their all frozen shut.
    I now make sure all the windows are unfrozen before I drive away, but this happens way to often compared to other vehicles I've had. Basically every night over the winter months.
    I've tried leaving the windows open a crack over night, which does help, but obviously not ideal.
    Anyway to help prevent them from freezing shut.
    Thanks.

Thanks
    I thought I'd read about someone else having this problem, but I searched and can't find it.

I'd think you could apply something to the rubber seal that the window slots into that would help with this, but exactly what, I'm not sure.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    try a silicon spray---home depot---tile/grout sealant

had other cars with this but not micra, usally age/dust=moisture/freeze=problem
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    I tried some silicone spray already but it doesn't seem to be helping. Ill maybe give it another try this weekend when its a bit warmer out.
    Thanks

Thanks
    my tip would be to get some window vent covers (or what ever they're officially called) - I leave the windows down the tiniest bit (usually still inside the channel at the top, but while at work they're down about an inch). Prior to cleaning off the car they get closed, nothing can really get up in to the channel to lock the window in place, and condensation or frost can't form on the inside since the air in the car isn't kept warm for an hour or more from hot vents and body heat after stopping.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.1 L/100 km ... 39.9 mpg (Imp) ... 14.1 km/L ... 33.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I had my windows stick this morning. Had the side heater turned to the window while driving and that heated things up enough to unstick it by the time I got coffee. Will look into some silicone lube as something to help out a bit.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Azmodon View Post
    my tip would be to get some window vent covers (or what ever they're officially called) - I leave the windows down the tiniest bit (usually still inside the channel at the top, but while at work they're down about an inch). Prior to cleaning off the car they get closed, nothing can really get up in to the channel to lock the window in place, and condensation or frost can't form on the inside since the air in the car isn't kept warm for an hour or more from hot vents and body heat after stopping.

I’m doing as this post...

Thanks
    update: I put a second coat of the silicone spray on back in January on one of our warmer days. I let it sit on for a while and dry before I started wiping off the over spray from windows etc. So far I haven't had nearly the amount of problems with the windows freezing shut. It seems to have worked well. The only thing I did differently this time was to make sure the silicone had ample time to dry before wiping off excess, and doing it on a warmer day so it can dry, not freeze.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-06-2019)

Thanks
    Thanks for the update, Richard.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...