Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jack points and jack stand locations?

Thanks
    They're both about the same price, 4$ for one on ebay for the first one, the other is 3.88$. I will check if the first one would fit my jack. I have thought of trying to cut a slot in a hockey puck too! That's a good idea to have 2 jacks and do one side at the time. I found that the OEM jack doesn't damage the metal under the car but it's more more of a hassle to use cuz you have to turn it to jack the car, that's why I'D prefer a way to use my regular jack without bending the metal (which happened a little the first time I used it).

I'll keep you posted, I'll most likely order one before spring! Thanks for your precious tips!

Thanks
    Just to follow up, I bought a jack cup on ebay but it didn't help. I think the damage already done to my car from my regular jack just made the metal too fragile. I have to use the jack that came with the car otherwise it just keeps getting worse eve with the cup. That's quite a bummer cuz the Nissan jack is real crap and unfriendly to use and makes changing the winter tires such a hassle. Name:  20190504_161309.jpg
Views: 1460
Size:  99.8 KBName:  20190504_161314.jpg
Views: 1219
Size:  101.5 KB

Nissan really dropped the ball on this...

Thanks
    I have the same jack as you, I just place the jack right behind the pinch welds instead of on them, or I use something attached to the wheels like a suspension member or other spots discussed earlier in the thread.

I keep saying "I don't have 200 dollars to spend on a jack", then I find myself with two different 2-ton jacks worth about 200 dollars... Might just have to get a real one soon and find out the safest spots to jack each end up at a time, instead of tire by tire (an answer I still haven't found exactly). I honestly find my wife's Ford Escape less nerve-wracking to change tires on.

Thanks
    My dad has a HUGE jack for his caravan and my mums magnum, so we use it on my car. we place it deep under the car on a super strong weld spot and have done no damage as of yet jacking it up. Changed the tires about 6 times so far with no hiccups.

Only issue we had was one of the nuts didn't go flush into the hole of the rim on my winter tire and wore it into an oval instead of round, so I need a new rim next winter
    Micra Meets: Mosport '18

Car Girls FTW.

Interior mods only right now.

Thanks
    the slot doesnt look deep enough,,,can you make it deeper ? the one i bought is like the SECOND picture you posted originally....i had to saw the slot a little wider (but that might have been for the honda) but my slot looks deeper
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by carorules View Post
    Just to follow up, I bought a jack cup on ebay but it didn't help. I think the damage already done to my car from my regular jack just made the metal too fragile. I have to use the jack that came with the car otherwise it just keeps getting worse eve with the cup. That's quite a bummer cuz the Nissan jack is real crap and unfriendly to use and makes changing the winter tires such a hassle. Name:  20190504_161309.jpg
Views: 1460
Size:  99.8 KBName:  20190504_161314.jpg
Views: 1219
Size:  101.5 KB

Nissan really dropped the ball on this...
    Ya this one in the picture has a much too shallow slot. The point is to get one deep enough so the pinch welds don't make contact with anything at all. I ordered one like yours from Amazon and eBay as well, it's hard to find the correct type when all you have to go by is pictures.
    First car: 1984 silver Nissan Micra
    Current car: 2016 Gun Metallic Nissan Micra SV

Thanks
    you might be able to modify the one you bought with a hacksaw and file...probably should put some paint over the mashed , paintless section also..i had EXACTLY the same problem.
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Mine have started to fold right over - I'll be cleaning them out, bending them back, reinforcing them with square tubing, and then filling the multiple layers with Devcon S-50

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.1 L/100 km ... 39.9 mpg (Imp) ... 14.1 km/L ... 33.3 mpg (US) ...