Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exhaust Options - Muffler Flange Failure & Replacement Options

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    ^ Great pic. Old port area? Nicely done!
    Ahh thank you!
    No, it's an area called Griffintown in Montreal.

Thanks
    50 heads are better than one!!!....its funny how things tie together..i'm waiting for my gas gauge to toast!!!LOL
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Still weighing my options here. My wife got the oil changed at Midas today and they didnt see anything wrong with the muffler (even though there is a obvious exhaust leak from that flange).

So I called Nissan to see what a new muffler is worth and they quoted me $323.82+ TAX for the part with next day availability.

Also contacted my broker on getting a Nismo March exhaust, he can get one for $103 CAD but then after shipping, brokerage fees & duties it works out to $523 by the time it gets to my door. The bonus being that it is stainless and I would likely never have to deal with it again.

I dont know what I am going to do just yet but those are my current options.

Thanks
    From what I can see from your first picture, your problem lies within the axle back. So getting just the Autech made one for the Nismo S would be economical given you can find one used at a relative low bid price and win. If you have to go new, a Fujitsubo model that I sent you the link would work too. It is for the base model March 1.2L 3-cylinder but the it is an upgrade 2" (50mm) pipe.

Link to a yahoo auction that still holds an OEM Autech made Nismo S Cat-back exhaust at 6days of auction time w/ a starting bid price at 10,000jpy is the best bet. Whole cat-back system (50mm) 1,96" and stainless steel while remaining at OEM (ish) design.
    Link: https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g294186280

Another tip, the exhaust axle-back gasket might need to be changed easy to find at any Nissan dealer.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nobuseri For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-20-2018)

Thanks
    i think the OEM nissan is going to develop the same problem very quickly..the nismo is your most economical alternative.

2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!