Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 Nissan Micra SV (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Nissan
    Micra SV
    Caspian Sea
    Manual

Modifications

LED headlight conversion
    smoke headlight
    LED fog lights
    Tinted windows
    de-badged, but added MARCH badge
    plasti-dipped emblems
    smoke license plate covers
    smoke tail lights
    Chrome exhaust tip

Atoto A6 7" Android touch screen
    Atoto dash cam
    Atoto steering wheel control unit
    MTX Thunder 600W amplifier
    Kenwood 12" subwoofer

Stock 1.6L

H&R 28921-1 lowering springs

(Summer) 17" Gun metal Advanti racing wheels
    215/45-17 tires

(Winter) 16" Black rims
    205/55-16 tires

Comments: 13 / Views: 22157
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miklo View Post
    Sounds like it would be a bit tricky for me, but I may give it a try later on. I would love the extra info though in case I do, or just as a learning experience.

So would you say rubbing alcohol is good enough for cleaning the area? Not sure of the content difference between that and what you may have had in the wipes.
    That's fair. I've been doing this kind of things on my vehicles for years. But I can see how It could look a bit overwhelming and you may not want to get into something that you cant reverse until your comfortable. I'll send some pics tomorrow.

Rubbing alcohol should work fine. I was away on vacation this week so just getting caught up on the cleaning chat.
    Basically you just want to cut any grease, or wax and not leave a residue and start with a truly clean and 100% dry surface. In general a good quality lip with come with a good quality tape. The get what you pay for theory. Some lip kits will even come with extra securing screws. The wipes I used are 70% IPA.

Thanks
    [QUOTE=miklo;25573]Sounds like it would be a bit tricky for me, but I may give it a try later on. I would love the extra info though in case I do, or just as a learning experience.

It's kind of hard to show all the wiring through pictures so I drew out a very basic layout
    Name:  20200718_155743.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  95.6 KB
    Most applications would have a fuse somewhere on the positive side and there could also be a relay in the mix, but this is a very simple rendition
    Name:  20200718_153628.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  97.2 KB
    This is the fuse panel I used to connect to a spot with power (I connected to one that only has power when the key is on) and also the rocker switch I used on the right (or top cause the picture posted sideways) next to the traction control switch

Thanks
    That's awesome, thanks so much for that breakdown. How did you know what fuse to connect to, and what else it has on it? And I see your nice red switch, the one that came with it did not fit in that spot?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miklo View Post
    That's awesome, thanks so much for that breakdown. How did you know what fuse to connect to, and what else it has on it? And I see your nice red switch, the one that came with it did not fit in that spot?
    I connected to one of the spares.
    The switch that came with the set didnt look like it would fit anywhere. I already had the switch installed for the previous set of aftermarket fog lights so I just kept the switch