Thread: Micra is in the 10 Slowest Cars of 2018 (Wheels/Toronto Star)

Thanks

Micra is in the 10 Slowest Cars of 2018 (Wheels/Toronto Star)

Name:  Nissan-Micra-SR-2018-main.jpg
Views: 1660
Size:  93.4 KB

Ha! I will admit, when I saw the title of this article I was prepared to dismiss it as another hit piece by a horsepower-obsessed blogger.

But it's got some perspective:

Being slow isn’t a bad thing. Just about everything on this list sips fuel even more slowly than it accelerates. They aren’t quick, but that doesn’t mean they’re bad. They’re just leisurely. Why are you in such a big hurry anyway? Enjoy the drive.
    The Micra comes in as the 3rd "least slow" of the cars on this list at 10.2 seconds to 100 km/h. They don't specify which transmission that is, but the 2 tests I've seen of the stock Micra both came in around 10 seconds for either transmission (thread: 2015 Micra vs competitors, power to weight ratio comparison &nbsp.

The Versa Note is the 2nd "least slow", with the same engine as the Micra.

Bonus points for at least mentioning the Micra has the "best value for acceleration" calculation. And for pointing out that it's also probably be the fastest "cheapest new car" since cars were invented.

More respect for pointing out at the end of the article how spoiled we've become (in terms of hp) vs. a couple of decades ago.

I'll be honest: I'd be quite happy to drive many of the cars on the list!

• Kia Soul EV
    • Nissan Versa Note
    • Nissan Micra
    • Ford Fiesta 1.0L
    • Toyota Yaris (iA)
    • Toyota Prius
    • Chevrolet Spark
    • Smart Fortwo
    • 2018 Toyota Prius C
    • 2018 Mitsubishi Mirage G4S

Read the full article:
    https://www.wheels.ca/top-ten/change...-cars-of-2018/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Ajijic (02-26-2019)

Thanks
    Also worth mentioning: the Micra has well above average power to weight ratio of cars in its class:

Thread: 2015 Micra vs competitors, power to weight ratio comparison

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    That is what I like about the micra....I would much rather drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slow and the micra is perfect power to weight to have a hoot and not get a bunch of tickets.

Thanks
    I don't care how much power a car has/doesn't have if the handling is fun!

One of the most entertaining cars I've ever driven was an old worn-out Fiat X1-9. It'd be lucky if it had 70 hp. But its skinny tires and mid-engine layout made it an absolute hoot to chuck into corners. 4-speed manual if memory serves.

Thanks
    i must admit...when i leave a traffic light , i can sense the people behind don't expect me to accelerate and then decelerate as i shift gears , then accelerate again...slowly because i don't rev the bag off it,.... unless i have to, it seems peppy and i don't really have any complaints, it goes up the big hill in Vancouver better than and of the Honda civics Ive owned (but wont beat a 2015 GDI fit, my other car)...but i must admit it seems like you have to be in 3rd gear to be above walking pace!!
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Kia Soul is my next fav car after the micra for smaller cars. looks fun, but never driven one. My only hate about the micra is the squeaking of the console and dash and headliner rattle. Otherwise its so fun to drive no need to take off from stopped like a rocket either, those behind me can wait and learn some patience haha

Micra Meets: Mosport '18

Car Girls FTW.

Interior mods only right now.