Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At least we know the brakes work in my Micra. (VIDEO)

Thanks

At least we know the brakes work in my Micra. (VIDEO)

Check this out!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl_W7ERgX8I

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ABMicra17 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (09-21-2018)

Thanks
    Holy smokes. Code brown! Code brown!

Even with the lights flashing, you couldn't see that cop SUV until it was practically in the intersection. What was on the right blocking the view - hedges?

Lucky nobody was right behind you.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Holy smokes. Code brown! Code brown!

Even with the lights flashing, you couldn't see that cop SUV until it was practically in the intersection. What was on the right blocking the view - hedges?

Lucky nobody was right behind you.
    There was dry grass that hadn't been removed from construction yet. When I look back on the cam I can see a reflection of the lights of a sign that was facing him. So now that is the closest to an accident I have ever been with a car. First time with an emergency vehicle. I was always taught when going through an intersection to have my foot on the brake for just in case. I guess we both did lastnight. You can't yield to something if you can't see it.
    Last edited by ABMicra17; 09-21-2018 at 05:25 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ABMicra17 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (09-23-2018)

Thanks
    I was always taught when going through an intersection
    A blind intersection, at least. Good tip.

And good save on your part.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    to be honest...the brakes on the micra seem really bad......im running 17" rims at the moment so thats probably part of the fact there seems to be alot of "wander" but they dont seem the best......doest anyone else think the micra has better or comparable brakes to other cars they have owned ?
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrMicra2015 For This Useful Post:

Pete (09-25-2018)

Thanks
    "Wander" when you're braking, you mean?

Thanks
    yes, i can kind of understand its my wide tires, but the brakes just dont seem as good as a 1991 honda civic or a 1999 honda civic or a 2015 honda fit........does anyone else think they are not great?..or is it just me...i dont think there is anything actually wrong with them, also the clutch is very "rubbery" with no definative engagement point. maybe its just a nissan vs honda thing......or a 9,999$ thing!
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MrMicra2015 For This Useful Post:

Pete (09-25-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMicra2015 View Post
    yes, i can kind of understand its my wide tires, but the brakes just dont seem as good as a 1991 honda civic or a 1999 honda civic or a 2015 honda fit........does anyone else think they are not great?..or is it just me...i dont think there is anything actually wrong with them, also the clutch is very "rubbery" with no definative engagement point. maybe its just a nissan vs honda thing......or a 9,999$ thing!
    Yeah I agree the brakes feel weak compared to a honda especially if you still have the stock oem pads on the front. The front stock pads last forever but can hardly stop a bicycle. I have not yet changed the rotors on mine but will soon. As for the clutch I have never found either of mine rubbery but i found with both my first micra and my current one that the engagement point did seem to change or move a bit at first but now it seems way more consistent to me. The rear brakes have been real good to me other than having to clean them a few times they have worked good and lasted long even with my ebrake habit.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ABMicra17 View Post
    There was dry grass that hadn't been removed from construction yet. When I look back on the cam I can see a reflection of the lights of a sign that was facing him. So now that is the closest to an accident I have ever been with a car. First time with an emergency vehicle. I was always taught when going through an intersection to have my foot on the brake for just in case. I guess we both did lastnight. You can't yield to something if you can't see it.
    The next day I was driving by the same spot. I found just after the bushes to the right, where the emergency vehicle was coming. There was a giant hill of earth(dirt hill). You could have had a fleet of lights coming and no one would have seen it. The bushes weren't the only issue.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ABMicra17 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (09-28-2018)

Thanks
    OMG that's horrible!!!

I'm talking about the music playing