Review: 2018 Nissan Micra (Toronto Star)
I've seen a few reviews of the Micra in the past little while - interesting, considering the car hasn't changed its main specs since being re-introduced in Canada as a 2015 model.
The Toronto Star's latest take is a look at the base S 5-speed and the top of the line SR automatic.
- base price is now $10 less than in 2015!
- base S manual locks means you'll probably leave a door unlocked
- good power to weight ratio (see thread: 2015 Micra vs competitors, power to weight ratio comparison )
- cute styling
- lack of A/C option on the base model
- steep price increase to step up from S to SV
- price of SR should make you consider other cars
The reviewer posted fuel economy results of both cars. In combined city/hwy driving, they did better than the highway rating of the manual.
Read the full review:
base S 5-speed MT rating: 8.7/6.8L/100km (city/hwy), As tested 6.3L/100km (comb); SR automatic 4AT rating: 9.0/6.8L/100km (city/hwy), as tested 7.8L/100km (comb).
View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...