Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roof Rack - Yakima

Thanks

Roof Rack - Yakima

Hey folks...I was wondering if anyone has actually tried fitting a Yakima Rack on the Micra?
    When i was looking into the G3 rack from Mick's, it was sold out...when trying to find other suppliers i found that the Audi A3 2013 is the same rack...made me dig a little deeper and i found out the Thule rack has the same model and fit kits as the Audi, as did the the Yakima QTower with Q102 fit kit (my old Malibu Maxx roof rack)...
    after 3 years i finally find out the rack i have loaned to my brother fits my car!

--

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.6 L/100 km ... 43.0 mpg (Imp) ... 15.2 km/L ... 35.8 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Graham18ce For This Useful Post:

Chef Groleau (09-04-2018)

Thanks
    I talked to yakima a while back, they had not fitment for the micra. The car isnt available in the usa Where their office is located. Since regularly drive down to portland, which is near their office. I offered to bring my car down, so they can create a fitment for it.

They figure the market is too small for that car, and actually told me Id be best to go with a Thule rack. It puzzles me, as they do have a fitment for the car in Australia and Europe under Yakima’s Whispbar brand. I guess the Whispbar system might be slightly different?

Thanks
    no i think you nailed it...I talked to them too....USA company, and simply don't see a need for the Micra as a Canadian car was the feeling i got...
    Based on other brands i'm pretty sure the Q-Tower rack will fit, as it does cross on the other brands, there is no reason it wouldnt...just the cost of trying it and re-print the fit guides...they aren't interested...
    My brother is using my rack currently, so once he is done with it, i'll get it back off his hands and fit it...
    --

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.6 L/100 km ... 43.0 mpg (Imp) ... 15.2 km/L ... 35.8 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I have seen roof racks on Micras. When I was on the East coast this year I saw a Micra with a roof rack and a storage container on it.

If not Yakima I am sure you could find a rack from some brand that would fit.

Thanks
    I have the Thule AeroBlade, and it works fine. You just need to buy the appropriate fit kit. I could retrieve the parts numbers if you're interested. Name:  1564.jpg
Views: 2438
Size:  29.8 KB

Thanks
    Please do, it would be useful information for any future searchers.

Thanks
    Yup, the Thule is available and easy to get from Nissan as well...however, i own the Yakima from previous cars and am planning to fit it...Also, figure it would be good knowledge if the fit works well as it provides another option to the Thule which can be purchased locally and at a slightly lower price point to Thule.
    the other option is the G3 rack from over seas, i'm sure they are available somewhere as Micks Garage is currently out of stock...
    --

Thanks
    So these are the parts numbers for the Thule Aeroblade that fits the Micra :

Bars : Thule AeroBlade ARB47
    Feet : Thule Rapid Traverse Foot Pack
    Fit kit : KIT1623

Those are really expensive from the dealer or from Thule directly. I see those parts on sale on Kijiji occasionally.

For the Yakima, here is what I found on Yakima Australian Website : https://www.yakima.com.au/2015/nissa...orhatch-133421
    It seems that you could probably fit your present roof rack with the Yakima K597W Fitting Kit.

And here is a nice Ebay add (In Italy) for this Yakima fitting kit. Now the big question is : will it fit with your actual rack? https://www.ebay.fr/itm/KIT-ATTACCHI...d=372198962219
    Last edited by Papapoil; 09-04-2018 at 03:25 PM.

Thanks
    My car:
    Name:  20180813_114216.jpg
Views: 3463
Size:  94.9 KB

The reason I wanted to stick with Yakima. Is all my roof rack gear is from yakima... I got bike racks, kayak racks, snowboard rack... Had I been able to get a fitment for the micra. I would not have need to buy new bars or lock cores. In turn save me a bunch of $$.
    But this was not to happen... So I bought a thule rack.
    Last edited by Chef Groleau; 09-05-2018 at 12:29 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chef Groleau View Post
    My car:
    Name:  20180813_114216.jpg
Views: 3463
Size:  94.9 KB

The reason I wanted to stick with Yakima. Is all my roof rack gear is from yakima... I got bike racks, kayak racks, snowboard rack... Had I been able to get a fitment for the micra. I would not have need to buy new bars or lock cores. In turn save me a bunch of $$.
    But this was not to happen... So I bought a thule rack.
    That is right...I'll post my results...I'm going to be investing in 3 bike racks and who knows what else...i want it all to be working on future and other vehicles i the driveway...

--