Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Navigation?

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Navigation?

Hi does the Micra have an optional package that come with navigation? I know the Versa SL does. I am looking to purchase one of these cars but I would like navigation.

Thanks
    As far as I know, GPS is not one of the options included on the Micra.

You can order a K13 March (aka the Micra in some other markets) compatible in-dash DVD Player/GPS unit from eBay. It'd probably be electronically compatible with our version of the Micra. You would have to contact the seller and see if they or you can load up North American GPS maps; without that, you're just getting a CD/DVD player.

Member nintu works for a Nissan dealership, and may be able to tell you if a dealership can install an after-market in-dash unit for you, and what, if any, parts of the warranty an aftermarket in-dash unit will void.

You may be able to find a compatible in-dash GPS unit locally. I would recommend that if you can't get the work done at a dealership, that you go to a place that deals exclusively with car audio and alarms when looking to get the work done; the install staff at broader electronic shop like Best Buy, Future Shop, or Visions may not have the necessary experience to work with a completely unknown vehicle.

Or you could not worry about any of that, and pick up an in-car, out of dash GPS unit you mount on your windshield or stick on top of the dash

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ustauk For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-23-2014)

Thanks
    AliExpress also has this Android 4.0 in-dash unit; you'll have to buy/acquire Android GPS software for it, but that shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Still a lot cheaper and simpler to by a windshield/on dash GPS.

Thanks
    Many people have switched to their smartphone for navigation, installing software that outperforms any in-dash system. Software like Waze:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.waze

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    You cannot get factory in dash navigation for the micra. I am going to use either my tablet or a garmin nuvi unit. I have a GPS receiver that communitcates with my tablet via Bluetooth as well as an obd 2 Bluetooth recviever. I can monitor anything in the car with that using the tablet and the app called torque.

Thanks

Thanks
    Yeah I use my Samsung Galaxy with Google Maps. I don't think there's anything better to be honest. It works great.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    In Europe navigation is standard on the Connect Edition and the Tekna Edition. Why navigation overhere and not in Canada, no idea...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MicraK13NL View Post
    In Europe navigation is standard on the Connect Edition and the Tekna Edition. Why navigation overhere and not in Canada, no idea...
    I've red that somewhere. Here's the quote:

Air conditioning, power windows, Bluetooth and USB integration are all available (a navigation system, which would have required antennas to be built into the framework, is not available at any price).
    source: http://driving.ca/nissan/micra/revie...5-nissan-micra
    Last edited by MicraQc; 06-01-2014 at 11:11 AM.

Thanks
    Its a double din...just buy a better unit than Nissans, the rear can has those warning lines built into the lens...so no matter what unit you get it will look the same.