Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: has anyone changed micra spark plugs?

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Question has anyone changed micra spark plugs?

Hi All,

Question for the DIY'ers, has anyone attempted to change the sparkplugs on their k13 micra? I've tried to research the process as best as I could, and from searching the forum, only saw the russian youtube video. Perhaps someone else can chime in and lend a hand.

Thx in advance,

Thanks
    Best I can think of is look up how to do it on an '07 sentra. I also have one of those and the engines have the same configuration where it is tilted back and has the header (or whatever those 4 pipes are) that go over the engine. That needs to come off completely to access 3 of 4 of the plugs/ coils.

It's not like an older car where its a 15 minute job. Set aside a few hours. I think the shop charges 2 hours or so. How many KM on your car? I wouldn't bother unless you car is running crappy or high mileage.

Use the plugs specified in your manual by the way, They should be good for 150,000 KM or something, platinum or iridium which carry a premium on price.

NUBS

Thanks
    it is an easy job you can search thailand webs just put the words "change nissan march spark plug" in browser when there is a thai web than you see it, i have done this, it its an easy job (no matter dont understand thai because it is clear video)

but for changing spark plug you must

1. dismount air tube and air filter housing (easy)
    2. then loosen the screw to TB by screwdriver before removing air filter housing
    3. unbolt TB and all cables connect to sensor (use pliers) to press tab and pull (if has one)
    4 AM SORRY MY ENGLISH COZ IAM INDONESIAN

5. unbolt the manifold be carrefully on this one (has 5 bolts) - i lost one bolt hehehe so bought 4 for spares - SO USE NEWS PAPER WHEN UNBOLT SO WHEN IT DROPS IT WILL GO TO THE NEWSPAPER

6. when the filter housing is removed something likely to drop that sustain the lowest stand-hole-plug heheheh im sory my english guys hehehe

7 MUST HAVE RIGHT TOOLS use spray to unbolt (any spray to loosen corroded parts though there is non is corroded)
    8 after that pull out the manifod GREAT I LOVE THIS because we can clean manifold any time - five stars to nissan (easy)

9. use long bar spark plug opener and take them out

10. then install

EASY I HAVE DONE THIS but must use spray to unbolt easy and correct fit tools - i have plenty tools though i am not a mechanic but a maintainer
    Last edited by micra-indo; 07-15-2018 at 01:54 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to micra-indo For This Useful Post:

Azmodon (07-16-2018),MetroMPG (07-17-2018)

Thanks
    for AT change spark plug every 20.000 (in manual says so) for MT it last long but i am not recommend this

Thanks
    As Indo put it - it's a very involved process, I picked up the plugs before actually thinking about how to do it - I'm not even bothering at this point. It's a very involved process, you need a gasket and likely a few hours if you've never done it before. Might be worth picking a technicians brain at a dealership or get their white-paper on it so you know you've got all the parts and tools ready

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.1 L/100 km ... 39.9 mpg (Imp) ... 14.1 km/L ... 33.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    yes it takes 4-6 hours for me because it is the first time, and at the end the rev is awkward highs and lows, i keyed off then i saw two tubes still hanging not attached yet then keyed on another awkward sounds, i keyed off again busy ponder afraid hehehehehe, then i saw another tube in the very back of TB still lose.

then i connect it then wallaaa ! great, finished

Azmodon is 100% precisely depicting the moments and i agreed 100% with him

BUT IT IS FUN very FUN when you now you can do it and it is FUN in every moment in it

8. The Following User Says Thank You to micra-indo For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-17-2018)

Thanks
    Thanks, micra-indo!

One other member looked at changing plugs and realized how complicated it was:

Thread: Changing spark plugs

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    remember NO NEED to change seals it is perfectly stand still when you dismantle the manifold, just clean the carbon on TB but you can buy the seal for spares to keep !

Thanks
    I'm getting my spark plugs replaced this week, I'm at 168,000,km. Does any one know if this is about average, to soon or to late.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aytononline View Post
    I'm getting my spark plugs replaced this week, I'm at 168,000,km. Does any one know if this is about average, to soon or to late.
    if this is the first time to change i think it is too long should have done this in 60.000 km but i am amazed can withstand that kilos

what i know if ones get too long to change spark plugs they can stick i am not so sure coz haven't experienced that before

you can browse how to solve and know this better "on sticking spark plugs" a myth or what and how to handle this

good luck