Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: has anyone changed micra spark plugs?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aytononline View Post
    I'm getting my spark plugs replaced this week, I'm at 168,000,km. Does any one know if this is about average, to soon or to late.
    This Nissan Versa (same engine as the Micra) maintenance schedule calls for new plugs every 105,000 MILES = 169,000 kms.

So it would appear you're 1000 km early.

https://www.openbay.com/maintenance/nissan-versa

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    you got about half the millage before a coolant flush on a 2007?
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    I just changed mine and I can admit its a bit of a job took me I think 4 hours and I needed to get a special socket as the spark plugs used are smaller then most other vehicles. I changed mine very early but I had to do a bunch of other work on the car at the same time so I figured why not. So far so good just make sure you don't drop the manifold bolts took me 15min just trying to retrieve one that fell! Also make sure you have lots of different length extensions as they are all different depths and different things can get in the way!

Thanks
    Good lesson learned that a regular spark plug remover didn't work. I didn't read ahead and thought a regular one would fit. I also realized that after I took the manifold off and got to the plugs, so my car was parked for a day. I think there are 5 bolts holding down the manifold, watched a YouTube video for their location. Don't remove the hoses from the throttle body or else you have to recalibrate it or something.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought this tool but returned it bc the magnet chipped. My local princess auto had the part the next day.

Overall 25 min disassembly, 10 min plug change, 25 min assembly. I did have someone helping me unscrew the out of sight bolts. Used the same gaskets as were there before. Used a towel to try to scrub the TB clean. The intake manifold tool some finessing to stick back in. Also I think one of the bolts was a different length, so mark or remember which hole they came from.