Thread: Nismo Hunt!

Thanks

Nismo Hunt!

Hey guys,

I am new to the Micra world, picked up my 2017 Micra SV before Christmas and have been planning out so much for the lil guy. So far I have only done some tinting of the taillights, and since I work at a Nissan dealership in Calgary, Alberta, stuff for him isn't so bad.

But of course, everyone hits a pothole and needs some help. I only recently learned that there are Nismo parts for the Micra, but of course, not in Canada. After seeing images of the bumpers and the badges, I now NEED the bumpers. So does anyone know how to get the bumpers atleast?

Thanks
    There is no Canadian face lift Nismo edition of the Micra. Only in Japan and in Thailand (where most Nissan parts are made) have these models.

In Japan there's two trims available, Nismo and Nismo S March (not micra), the later is a 4cyl - 5 speed model while the regular Nismo is a automatic with less sporty bits (cheaper). Also these are trims that use the (pre-facelift) style before the car was re-designed by Nissan North America to be sold in Canada, Mexico, UK. The pre-facelift design is diferent and has different headlamps, different fenders and obviously different bumper design (this is all the late term models aka Kouki) As for the Zenki, even more different going back to 2007, which had different headlamps and a different front bumper before the adoption of the famous Nissan V grill badge design signature. Nismo K13's were first brought to the market back in 2013.

Name:  wallpapers_nissan_march_2011_1_b.jpg
Views: 1498
Size:  35.7 KB
    Here above is the Zenki March K13 (Before model /early model)

Name:  zenki rear.jpg
Views: 1546
Size:  90.6 KB
    Here is the rear of the Zenki March K13 (Tail lamps are different, before the reflectors were integrated in the housing)

Here is the Kouki (Late model ) March K13 with the Famous V grill Nissan front end
    Name:  Kouki front.jpg
Views: 1577
Size:  95.1 KB

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nobuseri For This Useful Post:

Myde (06-02-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobuseri View Post
    There is no Canadian face lift Nismo edition of the Micra. Only in Japan and in Thailand (where most Nissan parts are made) have these models.

In Japan there's two trims available, Nismo and Nismo S March (not micra), the later is a 4cyl - 5 speed model while the regular Nismo is a automatic with less sporty bits (cheaper). Also these are trims that use the (pre-facelift) style before the car was re-designed by Nissan North America to be sold in Canada, Mexico, UK. The pre-facelift design is diferent and has different headlamps, different fenders and obviously different bumper design (this is all the late term models aka Kouki) As for the Zenki, even more different going back to 2007, which had different headlamps and a different front bumper before the adoption of the famous Nissan V grill badge design signature. Nismo K13's were first brought to the market back in 2013.

Name:  wallpapers_nissan_march_2011_1_b.jpg
Views: 1498
Size:  35.7 KB
    Here above is the Zenki March K13 (Before model /early model)

Name:  zenki rear.jpg
Views: 1546
Size:  90.6 KB
    Here is the rear of the Zenki March K13 (Tail lamps are different, before the reflectors were integrated in the housing)

Here is the Kouki (Late model ) March K13 with the Famous V grill Nissan front end
    Name:  Kouki front.jpg
Views: 1577
Size:  95.1 KB
    So what you're saying is, even if I somehow get the bumpers ordered from Japan or Thailand, they would not fit my Micra?

Thanks
    Not without the rest of the OEM bits. I've been at it for the past year now. Two weeks ago I got it done, I've converted mine. But it wasn't a 2day thing (I've spent about 10 months and 2 years of research on/off) I found most of my items at auctions and won them at competitive bids, I got accounts and a connects in Japan to get OEM new parts if I so require /need as I am an importer.

Check out my post about it, this can give you an idea:
    http://micra-forum.com/showthread.ph...o-Spec-Project

P.S good luck "ordering" from Thailand, a lot of stuff is counterfeit there as people who work at Nissan production factories there copy over the tooling etc.

As for the original stuff, it is still sold at Nissan Japan, if you can go there and to any Nissan Prince dealer they would gladly sell you all the parts $$$

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nobuseri For This Useful Post:

Myde (06-02-2018)

Thanks
    Where did you look to bid on the parts?

Thanks
    Yahoo Auctions. However it's Japanese only.. and it's not guaranteed that you'll find what you want, luck based. Sometimes there's good deals sometime there isn't. My partner is in japan, so I get the perks.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nobuseri For This Useful Post:

Myde (06-02-2018)

Thanks
    Man, lucky. I have a buddy from work who is going to Japan, was talking with him in seeing if he can pick-up the parts and ship them out to me, but I don't think it will work out.

Also, will I also need the March headlights, fenders and any other modifications before I can do something like this?
    http://www.impul.co.jp/products/model/K13_MARCH_E.html

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Myde View Post
    Man, lucky. I have a buddy from work who is going to Japan, was talking with him in seeing if he can pick-up the parts and ship them out to me, but I don't think it will work out.

Also, will I also need the March headlights, fenders and any other modifications before I can do something like this?
    http://www.impul.co.jp/products/model/K13_MARCH_E.html
    Well you work at a Nissan dealer, but it doesn't mean you guys know it all. As the name says it, it's just a dealer, only Nissan Corporate knows the secrets

Also since the Nismo's new CEO Takao Katagiri is now President of Autech too, they are the ones responsible for the new Nismo look that surfaced when the Nismo 370Z came out, and recently with the E12 Notes and GTR. They also produce them.

To answer your question, yes you'll need all the OEM bits (and their sub-assemblies) of the Zenki K13 since Hoshino Racing's Impul Garage only offers it as a body kit $$$$$.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nobuseri For This Useful Post:

Myde (06-02-2018)

Thanks
    Also that is probably no longer produced since that is the Zenki K13, this here is the Kouki Impul K13 :
    http://www.impul.co.jp/products/model/K13_MARCH2_E.html