Thread: Nissan Kicks

Thanks

Nissan Kicks

Just got an email from the dealership advertising the new Nissan Kicks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Kicks

Replacing the Juke, our one and only HR16DE remains in the vehicle, no information yet on if the turbo engines from the Juke lineup will make its way in there. I don't know what they are doing to the HR engine to get 125 horses out of it, especially since Jalopniks piece on it isn't very nice, and directly calls out the natural aspiration of the engine (the engine code should give it away as naturally aspirated anyway). If whatever they did is simple, maybe we could copy it in our HR engines.

I for one will miss the quirky look of the Juke. At least the Kicks comes with a 5pd MT so you can avoid the CVT if you wish.

Thoughts?

Thanks
    I was never a fan of the front end of the Juke. I think the Kicks looks better. The name "Kicks" the name, well, I am not sure what to think about it. If they kept the name and just changed the front end, I'd like it.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    No 5 speed available only CVT on all models...

Thanks
    I for one am very sad. I LOVED the quirky look of the juke and am very sad to see it go. It was going to be my next car. Not a fan of the kicks as it looks like the new toyota crossover.

I wonder if the Infiniti version is here to stay?
    Micra Meets: Mosport '18

Car Girls FTW.

Interior mods only right now.

Thanks
    We like our 2015 Juke and will likely keep it long term. It's quirky looks with 190 h.p. and a 6 speed manual trans makes it fun to beat up non quirky looking vehicles at traffic lights.

Thanks
    So I just saw this thread after posting an engine thread about the Kicks.

It appears to have the exact same engine and compression but with a bigger intake, exhaust and throttle body.
    I'm guessing between that, CVT only and the tune is where it makes up the extra power and at a lower RPM.

The Juke soooorely needed a facelift. My friend bought one as soon as they came out and guess what, not a single change in almost 10 years. It was edgy back in fall 2010, now it's just goofy looking, cramped and long in the tooth. It's mpg, engine and AWD were its saving grace. However, I'll give former Nissan some props, in that 8 year span not a single CUV came out with more power.

Too bad they dumped the HR16DE into the Kicks and CVT only to boot... Really cheaping out Nissan. Not impressed.

It seems like they dropped the Juke to use the MR16DDT supply in the Sentra now and move the MR20DE into the Qashqai/Rogue Sport while saying that both the gutless Qashqai and gutless CVT-only Kicks are the replacements for the 188hp AWD Juke.

To add insult to injury, the Nismo Sentra is completely stock engine performance wise. It's just a rice bundle.