Thread: Manual gear oil fill location?

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Manual gear oil fill location?

I am going to be changing my gear oil next weekend and had a look under the car and can only find the drain hole. Anyone know where the filler hole is located? The drain hole is right on the bottom center of the transmission case and looks to be a 3/8 or 1/4 inch drive.

A bit more info that others might might interesting/helpful. Car has 65K and the dealer recomended I do it, they told me this when I was in for a free oil change. iirc they wanted 289.99 plus tax for a flush and fill. My mechanic said he would do it for 90 or less (1hr labor) if I supply the oil which is 75W85 semi syn which I think is API GL4. I figured it's not a hard job so I'll do it my self. Oil from the dealer was 24.99 per quart and it apparently takes close to three. Everywhere online just says drain for 30 minutes then fill until it starts to over flow.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Nubs

Thanks
    Hey, How did this project go for you?
    I haven't done it myself yet however I have been thinking about doing it. I thought that I would flip through the owners manual though and have a look to see if it says anything. My hopes were too high however. It doesn't mention anything about fill or drain plugs. I would imagine that it is a bit higher than the drain but I haven't had any look myself.

In my past fluid changes the top hole was your guide to how much you needed to put in. Once it starts draining out of the top hole (assuming that your on a level surface) that is time to let it stop draining and replace the plug.

Did you end up preforming the service this weekend?
    N/A Subaru Addict...
    First Nissan Commuter

Thanks
    fill-plug is at front of the transmission, and it face to bumper. A white plastic plug. you can use hand to un-screw it.

For drain plug, check my previous question: http://micra-forum.com/showthread.ph...il-change-help

4. The Following User Says Thank You to coffee1 For This Useful Post:

NUBNUB (05-22-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coffee1 View Post
    fill-plug is at front of the transmission, and it face to bumper. A white plastic plug. you can use hand to un-screw it.

For drain plug, check my previous question: http://micra-forum.com/showthread.ph...il-change-help
    Thanks. Went and had a look knowing what to look for now and found it.

Bobaganousch, I have not done it yet but am aiming to do it this weekend. The parts guy at the dealer gave me a pointed tip for one of the bottles and I bought some clear plastic or urethane hose (cant remember but its in the plumbing aisle at crappy tire) to fit over it. My idea is to put one side of the hose on the pointed tip and the other end inter the filler hole and let it drain in until full.Should be easy and I wont have to get under the car to fill.

NUBS

Thanks
    Service is done. My brother made me a 8MM square bit at work that fits the drain plug but I ended up paying my mechanic 50 bucks to do it because I couldn't find a way to get under my car on a level service.

Fluid came out looking pretty new, maybe a little cloudy. I would say when the stealership said I needed to flush and change at 50,000KM they lied. I changed at 65K and I bet it would have been fine to leave it longer but I was OK changing it as I drive it 60/40 City and bit harder than an old lady.