View Poll Results: Micra owners: would you buy another one?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely

3 100.00%
  • Nope

0 0%
  • Unsure

0 0%

Thread: You have a Micra now. Would your next car be a Micra? Buy another one in the future?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

You have a Micra now. Would your next car be a Micra? Buy another one in the future?

Hey everyone!

I was thinking of this question as I go around the board. I was wondering for us who have Micra's now, would your next car be a Micra? Would you buy a Micra later? Would you ever buy a Micra again?

For me personally I am not sure if I would buy a Micra again or not. I got my Micra out of necessity and time wasn't on my side when I was getting another vehicle since my car before the Micra had crapped itself. I've had my Micra for almost a year and never really had any complaints. Is the Micra my dream car, not at all. I like my Micra, I don't love it. It gets me to where I want to go without issues.

Your thoughts?

Thanks
    For me it would be my third k13 and i thought about just that the other day as my oldest daughter is on the verge of getting her drivers licence and will likely be taking over my 2015 SV.
    Both of my micras have been good to me as far as reliable and economical so far......you can't hit ANYTHING with a micra without damage except maybe a small bird or big bug.
    When I bought my micras I had a 230 km daily commute to work that i no longer have to do so for me and my lifestyle a four cylinder truck might be a better option.
    These were my first ever Nissans and for me the better question might be would I buy another Nissan?
    Hell ya I would. K13 probably not just because I already had two of them not because there is anything wrong with them or dislikes.
    It's like I've probably had around fifty Japanese motorcycles in my life but never a Kawasaki not that I have anything against the green bikes I've just never had one and up to 2014 I never bought a Nissan.
    Long story short I would buy another Nissan but not another micra K13 or K14 but never say never.

Thanks
    a horse or a dogsled....this newfangled technology there is too much to go wrong.
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    i am the type of person that changes brands, just to try out new things. be adventerous. dont stay still.

for example, my first smartphone was an iphone. then nexus. now sony (specifically XA2 ultra - 2-day battery HOLY ****)

same goes for cars. i love my micra, but i would not buy another one because i wanna try out new stuff. if i were to buy a car i would buy:

- used, under 10k CDN

- compact or subcompact

- 4dr

- hatch

so: honda fit ; kia rio; hyundai accent;

competition is so good right now in this sector. and i also get to laugh at the gas guzzlers who cry at the pump

EDIT: altho depending on timing, i might get a hybrid or EV, but not in the near future.
    Vancouver SNOWpocalypse !!!!1!11!one (....not really)

https://youtu.be/IZcz-MqjuzQ

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micrapolis View Post

competition is so good right now in this sector. and i also get to laugh at the gas guzzlers who cry at the pump
    The subcompact segment has already peaked and is declining in North America. Blame the crossover/CUV/SUV craze. Get one while you can!

RIP: Fiesta, Focus, Dart, Sonic (couple more years maybe), Spark (same), Mazda 2 (cancelled after saying they were going to bring the new gen), the US cancelled the Accent hatchback (but not the sedan). And I'm sure I forgot a couple.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Sadly no I absolutely HATE the k14 design, looks too much like all the other supermini cars out there, and too much like the chevy sonic with added maxima headlights. Not a fan of dipped down front ends. Wish there was a longer run on the K13s. Another Nissan though? HELL YES. I wasn't a z series so badly, but maybe a leaf in the future. Love the endurance of the cars so Nissan is in my good books (even in specifically Ajax Nissan is NOT) lol

Thanks
    This is a great question...

I turned it into a poll -- go back to the top and vote!

It'll be interesting to see the results after a while.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I found that people that I meet that have compact cars are usually Yaris's or Civic's that are more than 5 years old. Not like our Micra's where they have only been in Canada for a few years. I know what it's like owning a truck, or van and the cost associated with having those bigger vehicles, especially with gas prices. I find since that I have a Micra I pack less crap with me, especially on road trips. It seemed when I had a bigger vehicle, I had just more stuff. I'll take the sketchy, white knuckle driving sometimes when I'm in a wind gusts area and having a semi come the opposite direction at the same speed and toss the Micra around then to deal with the most cost associated with a bigger vehicle(truck or van).

When did we start having polling options?

Thanks
    I quite like the little car. I suppose for myself it will depend on what happens in my life with work commute distances etc in the future to see if I would purchase another. I'm hoping for 400 thousand kms out of this one though so we will have to see if I'm in the same boat then!
    N/A Subaru Addict...
    First Nissan Commuter

Thanks
    Polls have been available since day 1!