Thread: Central front/rear jack points? (For using a floor jack)

Thanks

Central front/rear jack points? (For using a floor jack)

Are there safe central spots underneath the front/rear of the car where you can jack up using a floor jack? Switching over to summer wheels and it would be nice to be able get the whole nose or tail up at the same time instead of working each corner one by one.

First car: 1984 silver Nissan Micra
    Current car: 2016 Gun Metallic Nissan Micra SV

Thanks
    Check this thread for a view of the underneath of the car:

Thread: Micra Underside Photos

With a block of wood between the jack & the car to distribute pressure & prevent damaging the undercoating/paint...

Rear: I'd use the crossmember just ahead of the fuel tank, as close to the outside as possible (close to the rocker panel pinch weld).

Front: I'd use the boxed section of unibody just aft of where the subframe is bolted on. (By the "subframe" label in the bottom right of the first pic.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Thanks — but now I actually just realized I don't think my jack can go high enough to raise both wheels off the ground with the stock suspension unless it were dead centre in the vehicle

That's a neat pic!
    First car: 1984 silver Nissan Micra
    Current car: 2016 Gun Metallic Nissan Micra SV

4. The Following User Says Thank You to geodude For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-09-2018)

Thanks
    I've always found mine fun, jacking from the pinch weld (which I need to hammer back flat), about a foot or so behind the front wheel lifts both tires off the ground right quick lol (for jacking on pinch welds you can buy or make rubber blocks that have a groove in them as to not deform it)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.1 L/100 km ... 39.9 mpg (Imp) ... 14.1 km/L ... 33.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yeah, I was going to say the same: if you want both wheels off the ground, you don't have to jack in the center of the car. Closer to the front wheel is the balance point for most FWD vehicles.

I helped a friend change winter to summer wheels on a Kia Rio last week, and I got both wheels off the ground using a similar boxed "frame" portion of the unibody like the Micra has, by the front jack point.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Hi,

I'm new on the forum. I own a 2017 since last summer and I'm very happy with it.
    I want to install my summer wheels but I want to check with you if I understand correctly where I can lift the car with a floor jack.
    I used the pictures of jimwilly that he shared here: https://micra-forum.com/showthread.p...derside-Photos. I added red circles where I think MetroMPG suggested to lift the car.
    Is it ok ?

Name:  undersidemicra1-jack.jpg
Views: 3931
Size:  82.0 KB
    Name:  undersidemicra2-jack.jpg
Views: 3324
Size:  86.1 KB

Thanks
    Hi chami86 - welcome to the forum!

Those areas are strong enough. As long as the angles are secure - don't want the jack to slip.

Thanks
    Thank you !