Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Body control Module Problem

Thanks

Body control Module Problem

Well, just took my Micra to the dealer for the airbag recall. After they completed the recall they called me and told me the car won’t start and they wanted me to let them diagnose it. I told them to go ahead with the diagnosing it. About an hr later I got a call back saying the BCM (Body Control Module) had failed causing the car to not start. They told me its a $1100 fix and not covered under warranty because I'm at 73K (Bumper to bumper warranty is 60K) I'm just curious if anyone has had this problem. I have not gone ahead with the repairs yet and I am not sure where to go with my Micra now.

Last edited by MightyMicra; 04-25-2018 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Run on sentence based on anger.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMicra For This Useful Post:

Pete (04-25-2018)

Thanks
    How was the BCM when you dropped it off?

Gee I wonder if you can fry the BCM by leaving the battery connected while working on the airbag recall fix or wiring something incorrectly or grounding something out ect. ???
    Just sayin.
    Good luck.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pete For This Useful Post:

Azmodon (04-29-2018),IMPUL (04-27-2018),MetroMPG (04-30-2018)

Thanks
    Car was perfect prior to being dropped off, I'm also curious about that. Going to call them tomorrow to discuss the matter further. Just wanted to post about it so everyone knows. The only thing I got out of the service manager is that "after 60K electrical components can fail."

Thanks
    To me it is obvious that they ruined your BCM while doing the repair and want you to pay for their mistake.

I don't remember ever hearing about anyone having any issues with the BCM on the micra unless they were messing with the electrical.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pete For This Useful Post:

Azmodon (04-29-2018),IMPUL (04-27-2018)

Thanks
    I found that over the years usually when something fails it's because of the last thing that was done on the car. I have had many times me messing with something, even electrical and something minor not working(vehicles were out of warranty long before I started tinkering). I went back and looked and fixed it. With them having the vehicle in their care and then the BCM crapping itself, it's hard for me to believe that the dealership wasn't at fault. Yeah! They can say, "it's out of warranty and it's not covered." Well to me they better be proving damn well that they didn't mess something up and trying to cover it up. I'd let the car sit, not pick it up and not pay anything. That would be a battle that couldn't be won to have Nissan itself pay for it. Well, dealerships are independently owned. The dealership should have to pay for it but proving they messed up, ugh! it's so frustrating.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    If all else fails, try Small Claims Court. We pay Judges to decide who is at fault.

Shorts can cause bcm issues.

My money is on them rushing the recall repair, which from what I’ve heard from a Nissan tech that they have found all sorts of ways to cut corners during the repair to reduce the amount of time spent during a 2.5-3 hr safety recall repair.

1- car dropped off working, just recall. Then it breaks? That’s like being at the doctors whilst coming down with something right then and there? Sounds made up to me.
    2- never authorize work over the phone. Once authorized, that’s your bill, you approved it.

$1100 is a common # there like to use. I wonder why.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to IMPUL For This Useful Post:

Pete (04-27-2018)

Thanks
    I asked them every question regarding what they did prior to my BCM failing. They have come back to me with the same response that, after 60k electrical components fail and refuse to take ownership for what has happened. Calling Nissan Canada was also no help, all they did was inform me that my bumper to bumper warranty is over and to tall and talk to the dealer. Car is now just sitting at the dealership till I can figure out what to do next.

Thanks
    Wow sounds like the kind of stealership to avoid for sure.
    Not that shaming this fine establishment would help your cause any, however naming it on here would let the Nissan owners on this forum decide for themselves where to never take their Nissan for repair.
    After .6 km electrical components can fail if they are messed with and there are hundreds if not thousands of micras out there with upwards of a hundred thousand kilometers on them that run and work perfectly just like yours did before you dropped it off.

My opinion........the recall job is likely not a favorite job for techs to do especially after doing twenty or so of them and with Nissan paying for a two or three hour job by a tech to do the job it has likely been shuffled down to a first year apprentice or a co-op student to do so the stealership makes even more off the recall but that is just my opinion.
    Good luck.

Thanks
    Once I get the car sorted out I will be naming the dealership on here for sure just so everyone knows. I just hope that no one has to face the problems that I am having to face with this dealership. I was hoping to have the car ready and prepped for a car show next month. Let’s just hope it can make it there.