Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Body control Module Problem

Thanks
    To once again regurgitate the words of my father having posed this to him to see what he'd say (former Chrysler Mechanic Superintendent / experimental test driver)

"My **** broke while in your possession? Not my problem. Functioning when it arrived for free work? Functioning when it leaves, for free."

The rest of the spiel was more of the same - 'if someone breaks your property, they're legally responsible for repairing it, if the BCM fault stops the car from functioning entirely, and you drove it there... meaning it was functioning, they broke it.'

While not uncommon for them to ask for you to split 50/50 on the cost of parts (the idea being, you're getting a new unit so it's life span is renewed), if they want labour or anything beyond that, you have legal grounds to go after them, and they should be made aware that you know that.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.1 L/100 km ... 39.9 mpg (Imp) ... 14.1 km/L ... 33.3 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Azmodon For This Useful Post:

IMPUL (04-29-2018),LilGeckos (04-29-2018),MetroMPG (04-30-2018),MightyMicra (04-29-2018),Pete (04-29-2018)

Thanks
    I certainly wouldn't accept their bill.

But I have time to be a pain in the @$$. It comes down to how much time / motivation you want to deal with this.

The dealership is betting you have precious little of either.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Pete (04-30-2018)

Thanks
    Hows it going ?
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    I was wondering the same thing yesterday too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    i havent taken the car into Nissan , partly becuase of stuff like this and its not a safety issue, its an OVERSAFETY issue!!..oddly i never recieved a letter yet the database shows a recall.
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Finally got the micra back, everything was taken care of and the micra is back to normal. After this last visit I will never be taking my micra back to a Nissan dealership again. There was no winning, Nissan Canada and the dealership both told me it was not the recall because the micra started after the recall was completed. They gave me a brake on the price and paid for the labour.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MightyMicra For This Useful Post:

IMPUL (05-12-2018),MetroMPG (12-24-2018),Pete (05-12-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicra View Post
    Finally got the micra back, everything was taken care of and the micra is back to normal. After this last visit I will never be taking my micra back to a Nissan dealership again. There was no winning, Nissan Canada and the dealership both told me it was not the recall because the micra started after the recall was completed. They gave me a brake on the price and paid for the labour.
    Wow. Dude. That sucks. Okay. We should probably start thinking of hoarding common fail used parts.
    BCM - T/B - timing sensor- etc. The labour on a lot of these is minimal and it’s the OEM parts cost that outrageous. Especially for a ten grand tin can. But via rock auto and good used parts is wayyyy more reasonable.

I’m definitely not giving them an opportunity. I’ve slammed my door 1000 time before I knew there was a recall.
    After a few years air bags don’t reliably deploy anyways. Pull the fuse. Lol.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to IMPUL For This Useful Post:

MightyMicra (05-12-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicra View Post
    They have come back to me with the same response that, after 60k electrical components fail and refuse to take ownership for what has happened

I have 126,000 km on mine. Never had any trouble starting or any BCM failure. The only electrical issue I've had is with the radio not working when cold, but that appears to be an isolated issue with the radio. I agree, they likely shorted out your BCM by rushing the job and now they're trying to scam you to fix their problem. If it worked perfectly before, I'd make a case against them and say that it only broke while in their care. If Nissan Canada wouldn't do anything, I'd look into taking legal action against them

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to My Micra For This Useful Post:

IMPUL (05-12-2018),MightyMicra (05-12-2018)

Thanks
    Sounds like my rust issue! My car was owned by a nissan exec. 9k on the odometer one year old they got hit. Nissan didn't repair it they sent to 3rd party body shop (WHY IDK) and they "lost the info" on who did it. They wouldn't cover the rust that was caused by the poor repair job stating not their fault the company that did it (that they forgot the name of *eyeroll* ) is the one to blame. Nissan Canada was a PITA to deal with and I shelled out $1000 to repaint and repair the first botched repair job. .

Micra Meets: Mosport '18

Car Girls FTW.

Interior mods only right now.