Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adding more light to hatch and back seat areas?

Thanks

Question Adding more light to hatch and back seat areas?

does anyone have any suggestions for adding more light to the interior back seats and trunk of the car?

I find the hatch and back seat areas too dark at night, and was hoping for some ideas or some examples of what others have done.

Thanks!

Thanks
    I went to the auto wrecker and bought a second trunk light. I installed it on the opposite side. I also took a dome light from a Nissan Juke, which has 3 lights instead of just one. It makes quite a bit of a difference.
    All my lights are upgraded to LED. (Notice The left LED trunk light is much brighter then the right side LED, same brand bifferent model)

But I am still considering installing a light for the back, maybe ill put a light under each front seat. Whatever I usually search for tend to end up on the floor anyways.

Name:  F275374B-5404-4F4B-9926-CB53CB1E16B3.jpg
Views: 1138
Size:  16.4 KBName:  D2EDFF26-1624-4A5A-96C5-073A1656D1C3.jpg
Views: 1000
Size:  15.6 KB

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chef Groleau For This Useful Post:

LilGeckos (04-16-2018),MetroMPG (04-23-2018)

Thanks
    Does the Juke like fit right in place where the Micra light is?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayward_0ne View Post
    Does the Juke like fit right in place where the Micra light is?
    Yup. Take the old one out plug the new one in... Super easy. I changed it in the parking lot of the auto wrecker before I left.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chef Groleau For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-23-2018)

Thanks
    I was thinking of something like this(just an example in the picture). Something along the lines of a wide led light that hooks into power with a 168/192 bulb connector. Nissan Jukes aren't the easiest to find where I live. Also, having 3 of the same switches on one housing doesn't look right.

For the backseats I can't think of anything at the present moment.

For the hatch if you have a cargo cover, I thought of getting a long work light and putting it behind the lip of the cover(I think there is a lip but I don't have a cover so I can't say for sure). So when you lift it, you have the light shining down on all your stuff. If you don't have the cover, the only thing I can think of is having a light with a magnet and putting it on the metal to shine down. It's hard to put the last idea into words without actually showing. *Note* these last ideas would just run on batteries.

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 5.26.30 PM.jpg
Views: 1015
Size:  12.7 KB
    Last edited by ABMicra17; 04-16-2018 at 07:42 PM.

Thanks
    ABMicra17, I was just looking at your picture and I had bought a set of two of those COB lights. They are bright.

Name:  DSCF0341.jpg
Views: 2348
Size:  79.7 KB

I had one of them installed in the original dome/roof light. Big improvement for sure. Those COB lights like you have pictured have sticky tape on the back of them. At least the ones I got had it. Got'em off eBay.

Chef Groleau is right about the Juke light fitting. I myself couldn't find one at a wrecker so I ordered one from AliExpress last summer. It was for a Qashqai and used this number to search for it; 26430-3ZA1A. That is what is in my car now. They cost a lot more now too. My Uncle's Cube seems to have the same three position light also so they probably fit too.

I like the idea of the second light as Chef Groleau has done. Looks great. I may "copy" it. Back seats could use some light but I'm not sure about how to go about it yet.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LilGeckos For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-23-2018),Wayward_0ne (04-19-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LilGeckos View Post
    Back seats could use some light but I'm not sure about how to go about it yet.
    Easiest and quickest way... Cut a hole in the roof liner where it bulge down in the middle. Then run a short wire the the front dome light. I might do that and use the light that was originally in the front... Mind you if i install a second 3 bulbs fixture. The interior would now be stupidly bright.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chef Groleau For This Useful Post:

Wayward_0ne (04-19-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LilGeckos View Post
    ABMicra17, I was just looking at your picture and I had bought a set of two of those COB lights. They are bright.

Name:  DSCF0341.jpg
Views: 2348
Size:  79.7 KB

I had one of them installed in the original dome/roof light. Big improvement for sure. Those COB lights like you have pictured have sticky tape on the back of them. At least the ones I got had it. Got'em off eBay.

Chef Groleau is right about the Juke light fitting. I myself couldn't find one at a wrecker so I ordered one from AliExpress last summer. It was for a Qashqai and used this number to search for it; 26430-3ZA1A. That is what is in my car now. They cost a lot more now too. My Uncle's Cube seems to have the same three position light also so they probably fit too.

I like the idea of the second light as Chef Groleau has done. Looks great. I may "copy" it. Back seats could use some light but I'm not sure about how to go about it yet.
    How bright are those?

Thanks
    My work in progress.

So I found this utility light, got some magnets, a 9v battery. I removed the H3 Bulb that was in it and replaced it with the LED lights(24) from a work light still worked. I soddered the 9V to the wires on the LED board and put everything back together.

I have to figure out the bottom since that the magnets didn't hold because it's top heavy, but, it works. It's so bright.

Name:  IMG_0233.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  86.9 KBName:  IMG_0236.jpg
Views: 912
Size:  92.0 KBName:  IMG_0238.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  96.0 KBName:  IMG_0239.jpg
Views: 946
Size:  98.5 KB
    Last edited by ABMicra17; 04-22-2018 at 02:01 PM.

Thanks
    So I ended up waking up late lasnight and couldn't sleep so I decided to try to finish this light. Even with the bottom of the light with the stand, magnets, it sits above the seal in between the gap of the hatch when it's lifted(can't close the hatch). For a solution for now, it works. It shines over the back of the hatch so it does what it's intended. It's not the prettiest, the smallest light but it's bright as...well...insert your own 4 letter word here.

I didn't realize the the second picture and the fourth picture(going from top to bottom) that the flash was on in the second picture. Also I just left it in between both my back seats but I never ended up turning it on to see if how it was from that point. It was 1 am, oh well. I will try to get a new picture when I can.

Attached Images Attached Images     

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ABMicra17 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-23-2018),Wayward_0ne (05-15-2018)