Thread: Loud thump from front windshield, dashboard.

Thanks

Loud thump from front windshield, dashboard.

Hey everyone.

Since the cold of this winter, sometimes I heard a loud thump coming from which I think is from the front window/dash board of my Micra. It sounds like it's coming from the center, to the right passenger side. When it warms up it seems to go away. Now that it's cold again, here in Alberta I hear it on bumpy roads. I am not sure what to do since it doesn't come up all the time. I am going to see if I can get it to come up on my dash cam. I just don't want to take to the dealer and have them say, "we can't recreate the noise but we are charging you for the time."

Any help would be appreciated.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Hi,
    mine make that noise too. I dont remind the km, but you can pass it in the warranty, its a manufacturing defect

Thanks
    What is it that is making that noise?

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    The dashboard miss a sponge i think under (so its noisy when taking bumps). I think this adjustent end at 6000km

5. The Following User Says Thank You to govinc For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-09-2018)

Thanks
    Now that it's above freezing the noise has gone away. So annoying.

Thanks
    if i jack the car up on one side i get alot of squeaking while everything settles back down, but what the heck would make a loud thump ??...dead frozen squirrel rattling around ?...he's gone limp ?
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMicra2015 View Post
    if i jack the car up on one side i get alot of squeaking while everything settles back down, but what the heck would make a loud thump ??...dead frozen squirrel rattling around ?...he's gone limp ?
    Honestly, I can't figure it out. Now that it's going to be warm it's not doing it. I'm sure that it will get cold again, I live in Alberta. I will keep the thread open and reply once I get it on my dash cam, if it comes up. I couldn't imagine how much it would cost to rip everything apart to find it when it does come back. I've had noises but not like this and not in the center of the dash.