Thread: DIY: Nissan Micra OEM rear parcel shelf install (cargo cover)

Thanks

DIY: Nissan Micra OEM rear parcel shelf install (cargo cover)

Hi,

I purchased an OEM rear parcel shelf and hooks from the dealership and thought I'd share a few pictures of the install.
    I know people will ask how much I paid, so... $185.95 for the shelf, $7.86/ea for the two hooks and $24.20 in tax for a total of $225.87.
    I know that seems like a lot and for what you get and it almost certainly is, but I live downtown Vancouver right in the city.
    In BC it's a $300 deductible each time your car gets broken into, so I see the purchase as a deterrent that might save me a few bucks, or maybe several hundred.
    Plus there's the hassle of busted windows, repair shops, etc., etc... If the rear hatch area is covered, it's out of sight, out of mind for the criminal element (hopefully).
    Installing the shelf is really easy, just unpack it, click it in place and attach the strings to the hooks.
    Installing the hooks in the hatch is actually the semi-fussy part...
    Nissan has placed round black stickers over the cutouts for the parcel tray hooks which peel off pretty easily to reveal the mounting holes.
    Be careful and go slow when removing the stickers or you'll get sticker goo left over on the hatch and it's a PITA to clean off (ask me how I know...).
    The hooks easily click into the holes if they're the right way up (hook/post at the top - see pic).
    If you've got them upside down, I promise you they won't fit and trying to jam them in won't help - Luckily they're stronger than they look and can apparently take a minor beating...
    Anyway, that's all there is to it. If there are any questions, please ask.

Hook P/N: 79916-D1000
    Shelf P/N: 3N3N3-1HK0A

Enjoy the pics!

Attached Images Attached Images           

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shrugsarefree For This Useful Post:

Kristie (08-12-2021),LilGeckos (10-27-2019),MetroMPG (03-21-2018),NotASportsCar (03-18-2019),ontario_micra (05-28-2018),Pete (03-16-2018)

Thanks
    Thanks for the DIY, caseybramall .

I'll add it to the Micra modifications, customizations & DIY list.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thanks for these instructions, shrugsarefree!
    I picked up my shelf and hook from the dealership today (they only ordered me one hook but they said they'd deliver one on Monday). I paid $11.23 for the hook and $249 for the shelf. The list price for the shelf was actually more, so I guess they gave me a "deal".

Thanks
    These prices are making this shelf look like a steal compared to the price my dealership is selling it for (with hooks mind you): $454 CAD. Dunno if I should go for it or if I should keep looking around. The US Nissan parts websites have their shelves listed for ~190 USD (~=245 CAD at the time of writing this), which is just a little over half of what my dealership is charging.

Thanks
    https://micra-forum.com/showthread.p...r-template-DIY

just sayin...no i don't get a royalty on every one made...still using it...it did sag a bit in the middle. i may try and reinforce at some point...its hard to know HOW to attach the reinforcement...screw/bolts have a head...glue can be hit or miss...fiberglass would probably be the answer but messy and expensive
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Kay I have this thing and I hate it so much it doesn’t stay attached worth ****. I’m tempted to just fasten it on permanently it’s such a poor design. Pops outta place at the slightest touch.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Hi, I’ve just purchased a 2015 Micra and noticed there’s no cargo cover and came across your post. Thank you for providing the part numbers! How are you liking it? The last poster said that he hates it!

Thanks
    please consider the mrmicra2015 DIY cover

https://micra-forum.com/showthread.p...r-template-DIY

2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MrMicra2015 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-22-2023)