Thread: Micra (March) Euro/JDM low profile rear headrest swap

Thanks

Micra (March) Euro/JDM low profile rear headrest swap

Hi all,

I bought a pair of the short euro/JDM headrests from a guy on eBay in Australia. They're used, but they look 100% brand new.
    Since I know the first question people are going to ask is how much... I paid $175CDN for both + $50CDN S&H, so about $112.50/ea. all-in. I imagine they're more from the dealership.
    The seats wouldn't go down with the Canadian headrests installed and removing them every time I needed the seats down was driving me nuts...
    The JDM/Euro headrests let the seats fold all the way down, even with the front seats pushed all the way back (nice!).
    The view out of the rear is massively improved as well, I didn't really realize how much of the rear view was restricted by the tall headrests, so that improvement is definitely a welcome bonus.
    I wish Nissan supplied the short headrests in the Canadian Micra from the factory, but I guess they're either trying to save money or there was a Canadian regulation of some kind that forced the decision.
    I don't know the part number for the headrests or a reliable source for them, sorry... Basically, I think you just need to keep an eye on eBay and get lucky.
    If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
    Here are a bunch of pictures of before and after... Enjoy!

Attached Images Attached Images           
    Last edited by shrugsarefree; 03-17-2018 at 12:59 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shrugsarefree For This Useful Post:

Pete (03-16-2018)

Thanks
    I got these too, but I don't want to bust your bubble but 225 for headrests is a tad to much...especially used. I got mine from an auto recycler in Japan for about 40$ shipped/..
    Last edited by Nobuseri; 03-16-2018 at 05:38 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nobuseri For This Useful Post:

Pete (03-17-2018)

Thanks
    Oh well... *shrug*
    Like I said, they seem to be 100% brand new, so I'm ok with it.
    Not sure how much they are from the dealer, but probably more than what I paid.
    I assume you have connections in Japan to be able to find stuff on the cheap, so that's a bonus for you.
    Glad you got an awesome deal on yours, congrats!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to shrugsarefree For This Useful Post:

Pete (03-17-2018)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Yea i confirm, about 40$ shipped for use /good condition pair of headrest! Btw with the headrest on, did the seat can be «*retractable «* to the floor?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by govinc View Post
    Yea i confirm, about 40$ shipped for use /good condition pair of headrest! Btw with the headrest on, did the seat can be «*retractable «* to the floor?
    Well that's not great news, I wish I'd had that info before I bought, but it is what it is.
    Good info for the future if others are looking for them though.
    Yes, the seats fold all the way down with the JDM headrests on, even with the front seats set all the way back.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by caseybramall View Post
    Oh well... *shrug*
    Like I said, they seem to be 100% brand new, so I'm ok with it.
    Not sure how much they are from the dealer, but probably more than what I paid.
    I assume you have connections in Japan to be able to find stuff on the cheap, so that's a bonus for you.
    Glad you got an awesome deal on yours, congrats!
    I am sure yours are cheaper than dealers, for sure. A hint, Thailand is where the Asian model K13 is made, try looking at their ebay to find cheap used good quality oem parts.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nobuseri For This Useful Post:

Pete (03-24-2018),shrugsarefree (03-18-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobuseri View Post
    I am sure yours are cheaper than dealers, for sure. A hint, Thailand is where the Asian model K13 is made, try looking at their ebay to find cheap used good quality oem parts.
    That's good advice - Much appreciated! Cheers.

Thanks
    I found another short term solution....I just removed the driver's side rear seat headrest and put it in the "trunk".
    I rarely carry 2 passengers in the back seat so this works for me + the headrest is there if I need it.
    Looking out the rear view mirror the visibility is much better as I hardly notice the passenger side headrest.

Thanks
    Is there a versa/sentra...etc i can get the rear headrests from that will go all the way down ? in canada

Thailand ebay shows nothing for me

2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!