Thread: CEL PO 181 fuel temp. sensor???

Thanks

CEL PO 181 fuel temp. sensor???

Has anyone had this yet? Not sure if mine was caused at the fuel pump or at the fuel rail. I cleared the code i will see if it comes back.

Thanks
    I've never even HEARD of a fuel temp sensor before.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I am starting to think it might be cooling fan related as it is a combination of signals from ambient air temp. coolant temp and fuel temp. so it could be possible that a high coolant temp on a cold night could set it off.... if say the fuse or relay for the cooling fan was gone for a turd.
    Either that or possibly a short in the wiring between the fuel pump and the ECM.

Thanks
    Has anyone had a check engine light for the cooling fan not working?
    I am convinced that my po181 fuel temp sensor cel was caused by this as since i cleared the code i have kept my engine temp in check by not leaving it idle at a stop and having my blower motor going full in traffic when the speed is not enough to flow air through the rad and have not seen this code return.
    You would think they would have a CEL for the cooling fan itself of at least a coolant temp warning code or light but i have not seen any just the fuel temp. sensor code.

Have you tried swapping MAF sensors to see if it’s the IAT ? But if you keep getting the same code for that same thing try the test on the FTT ... tho, that does look like a ****ting process I’m not gonna lie. Try the cheapest ones first ... lol right?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I am pretty sure i know what is up with this.
    As soon as I have a day when the weather is nice and I am not driving the car I will solve this once and for all.
    The po181 code has not come back since I cleared it.
    I have been monitoring coolant temp. and for one reason or another my rad fan is not working weather that be a relay , fuse or the fan itself is yet to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I am pretty sure i know what is up with this.
    As soon as I have a day when the weather is nice and I am not driving the car I will solve this once and for all.
    The po181 code has not come back since I cleared it.
    I have been monitoring coolant temp. and for one reason or another my rad fan is not working weather that be a relay , fuse or the fan itself is yet to be seen.
    I got a spare rad fan. It’s not perfect is for spare parts it might be handy?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    http://www.nisentra.com/p0181_ftt_sensor-544.html

useful?

2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrMicra2015 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-21-2018),Pete (03-20-2018)