Thread: Odyssey PC680 battery - size vs. OEM

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Odyssey PC680 battery - size vs. OEM

Hi all,

I'm upgrading the OEM battery, to the Odyssey PC680, which is pretty slim at 3" to the OEM battery's 7". Will leaving such a gap be a problem ?

I had downsized a motorcycle battery before and got a nice expander bracket to prevent the battery from shifting around, is that a worry with a small car battery in a big compartment (and has anyone come across a bracket like I describe for the Micra/Odyssey-PC680) ?

Thanks

2015 Micra SV.

Quote Originally Posted by micranaut View Post
    Hi all,

I'm upgrading the OEM battery, to the Odyssey PC680, which is pretty slim at 3" to the OEM battery's 7". Will leaving such a gap be a problem ?

I had downsized a motorcycle battery before and got a nice expander bracket to prevent the battery from shifting around, is that a worry with a small car battery in a big compartment (and has anyone come across a bracket like I describe for the Micra/Odyssey-PC680) ?

Thanks

2015 Micra SV.
    First of all, great choice on battery. The pc680 is one of my favorited.

So there is a metal jacket for those batteries but you could also relocate.
    Those batteries can go anywhere and are safe

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    so long as its securely held it will be fine.....wood could be a good spacer if required. a picture of install would be greta, i might consider that when the time comes...doesnt seem overly expensive...

is it the correct capacity?
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPUL View Post
    First of all, great choice on battery. The pc680 is one of my favorited.

So there is a metal jacket for those batteries but you could also relocate.
    Those batteries can go anywhere and are safe
    Thanks IMPUL. I came across it in one of your posts and yes, it does look sweet ! Not planning on relocating but it is a nice option for sure. Is this the metal jacket you're thinking of ? http://garage16.ca/password-jdm/pass.../i-544171.aspx

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMicra2015 View Post
    so long as its securely held it will be fine.....wood could be a good spacer if required. a picture of install would be greta, i might consider that when the time comes...doesnt seem overly expensive...

is it the correct capacity?
    Thanks MrMicra, yep I was thinking wood might be option too. A friend just got a job where there is likely a lot of heat-resistent plastic scrap, that would've been the other choice. Pic forthcoming. Honestly I'm not sure if it has enough capacity, but I don't winter-drive, and don't run extra accessories, don't really need the reserve ... am willing to chance it.

Thanks
    Any update to this battery mod?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...