Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The 2018 Micras are here

Thanks
    USB Connect through the SR version only. I wish they would have done it for 2018 SV

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micramanage View Post
    All cars manufactured from May 1st. will require rearview camera. Having said that, hoping to see the upgraded radio unit in all models...we'll see. Looks like Nissan is still using old brochures IMO.
    Couldn't agree more on the radio. Nissan has been skimming on this for years on the micras and versas.

Most cars have usb port since 2000, that's up with that?!!
    Last edited by carorules; 03-09-2018 at 09:57 PM. Reason: forgot to mention something

Thanks
    why is the new Micra design not available in America? I wonder when they will be changed as they are being redesigned in Europe?

When are we going to have this new Micra available?

https://www.nissan-cdn.net/content/d...%202017.07.pdf

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Not until 2021 at least as best as I can tell.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dani3d View Post
    why is the new Micra design not available in America?
    By America, do you mean the U.S., or North America as a whole?

If US: the Versa sedan -- the cheapest new car in the U.S. -- already occupies the best-selling spot in the entry-level subcompact segment. No need to cannibalize sales with the Micra. Also, Americans supposedly vastly prefer sedans over hatchbacks.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    yeah maybe but it's so much more advance than the Micra we have. Just the interior is like day and night. And look at all the features and technology they put into it. Nothing of it is available in our Micra and that suck big time! Look at the sleak interior, Intelligent mobility driving aid, a MUCH better rear camera, GPS, INTELLIGENT EMERGENCY BRAKING, LANE DEPARTURE WARNING AND PREVENTION, BLIND SPOT WARNING, etc...etc..ad nauseum. Nissan Canada suck! All they talk about on Nissan Canada is air bags and safery belt, nothing about those REALLY useful features and technologies we SHOULD have because people here drive like nuts. So I will not be replacing my car until they do provide some real improvement, but that's me. I do like my car but I feel like I am driving a old piece of technology already obsolete.

Ok one featuer I do NOT want, lol!

TRAFFIC SIGN RECOGNITION. Stick to the latest speed limits thanks to automatic road sign detection as you go.
    Last edited by dani3d; 04-03-2018 at 10:00 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I think they'd see a sales bump with the new design. It looks GREAT! But on the flip side, it means it will be well tested and have the kinks worked out before we see it. Plus, they will probably modify it for Canada like the K13 was. At least it means if you get one this year, you won't see it replaced before a 3 year lease is almost up.

Personally, I don't really want all that techno-driver-assist crap in my car. I think they're excuses for drivers to get lazy and stop paying attention. Of all of it, I think the emergency braking is at least useful. Blind spots literally don't exist in normal driving if you know how to adjust your mirrors (which most people don't). Meh. Keep it simple. Let drivers drive. God knows what those systems will cost to repair when they fail. But, to each their own.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to WalkingBlackBear For This Useful Post:

LilGeckos (04-09-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingBlackBear View Post
    Of all of it, I think the emergency braking is at least useful.
    Least useful for ME, but I wish all the texting tailgaiters had it.

I used to teach defensive driving, a big part of which is rear crash avoidance. My cousin and step-nephew have both been rear-ended, with major damage. Both completely avoidable if they'd been paying attention to following traffic. I've only avoided one rear crash in my life, but I'm glad watching mirrors is a habit - it was a transport truck that would have hit me!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Azmodon (04-09-2018),WalkingBlackBear (04-09-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dani3d View Post
    yeah maybe but it's so much more advance than the Micra we have. Just the interior is like day and night. And look at all the features and technology they put into it. Nothing of it is available in our Micra and that suck big time! Look at the sleak interior, Intelligent mobility driving aid, a MUCH better rear camera, GPS, INTELLIGENT EMERGENCY BRAKING, LANE DEPARTURE WARNING AND PREVENTION, BLIND SPOT WARNING, etc...etc..ad nauseum. Nissan Canada suck! All they talk about on Nissan Canada is air bags and safery belt, nothing about those REALLY useful features and technologies we SHOULD have because people here drive like nuts. So I will not be replacing my car until they do provide some real improvement, but that's me. I do like my car but I feel like I am driving a old piece of technology already obsolete.

Ok one featuer I do NOT want, lol!

TRAFFIC SIGN RECOGNITION. Stick to the latest speed limits thanks to automatic road sign detection as you go.
    While I'd love to see the refresh here, the market isn't big enough, the U.S. already isn't getting it so it has to go through so much testing and regulation just to hit Canadian shores when the K13 is still selling really well.

Canada also gets some cultural trickle up from the U.S. in terms of vehicle style and sales. We get lumped in with them for a lot of regional marketing and sales plans. Hatches are starting to do a lot better in Canada and in North America overall but we are still way behind the rest of the modern world. Europe and Japan (and even Australia) are already far ahead of us in terms of practical and efficient vehicles, emission regulations, population density problems and solutions.

Hot hatches and hatches in general in Europe are a HUGE market, Nissan needs the K14 there just to stay relevant.

Thanks
    The Euro design would price the Micra to high for NA market. In a declining market for sedans the money is better spent, like Nissan is, and everyone else, on SUV's. It to bad they are not evolving this car a bit. Do some improvements like a better, lighter, stiffer unibody. But again they will price it to high. It sells, they make $$, Nissan will leave it for a while. Just like Toyota did for 15 years. Okay they tweaked the body, not much else. I, quite frankly, would not buy any other Nissan in the stables of Nissan. Drive on!!!